Modern Football

Var and time wasting are a constant source for annoyance. People talk about the grim future with possible commercials during var reviews, I reckon we could see commercials during goal kicks or throwins as well.maybe during substitutions. All are things that can easily take 30 seconds. I absolutely hate it. Add keepers holding the ball for 15 seconds to that.

On a good side, I'm glad the backpass rule was introduced long ago. That only did good

Last edited:
Totally agree, full of posers with shit hair cuts, squealers and cheats. Right load of fannies
Been full of posers with shit hair cuts for about 50 years. The cheating, which is all diving and pretending to be hurt when you’re not is, does my head in. I find it more cringeworthy than annoying. I think other sportsman must watch them and think they’re total wankers tbh

I’m 37 and already me and my mates hark back to the 90s.

the stadiums were improved, post hillsborough, and hooliganism largely stamped out. But you still felt a connection with the players and the clubs.

Quirky stuff like outfield players going in goal and players kung-fu kicking fans still happened.

I suppose you could argue that it was in the 90s when the foundations of modern football were being laid but when I look back for example at our side under reid there were so many relatable characters in there.

Back