Moderator Bias

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiredEyes

Winger
I noticed (as I wasn't notified) that I have received a warning on the 19th November:

Logon or register to see this image

Yet at least two other people on that same thread have committed the exact same offence (which is why I posted the offending post in the first place) and no action has been taken, yet mod who gave me the warning has let those other posters indiscretions slide.

Having viewed the thread (I won't mention it for obvious reasons) it seems to me it would be impossible for anyone reading the whole thread to see my offence and not the other exact same offences, the only explanation I can think of is that a mod is viewing my posts via my profile, rather than moderating the forum in general, probably because I'm so special :oops:

A two month warning for copying another poster, who never even got a warning, it seems so unjust, is it moderator bias or moderator oversight, either way I'd like the warning removed from my account, please and thankyou.

I noticed (as I wasn't notified) that I have received a warning on the 19th November:

Logon or register to see this image

Yet at least two other people on that same thread have committed the exact same offence (which is why I posted the offending post in the first place) and no action has been taken, yet mod who gave me the warning has let those other posters indiscretions slide.

Having viewed the thread (I won't mention it for obvious reasons) it seems to me it would be impossible for anyone reading the whole thread to see my offence and not the other exact same offences, the only explanation I can think of is that a mod is viewing my posts via my profile, rather than moderating the forum in general, probably because I'm so special :oops:

A two month warning for copying another poster, who never even got a warning, it seems so unjust, is it moderator bias or moderator oversight, either way I'd like the warning removed from my account, please and thankyou.
This thread will last long :lol::lol:

FWIW, I agree that I think some posters are scrutinized more by certain mods and others have the run of the place.
Keith for example always seems to provide an answer if asked a mod related question so he seems canny

From the rules you agreed to when you signed up "You further agree not to advertise any products or websites or to post any affiliate referral links on these forums without written permission from Ready To Go. The exception to this being adverts in the "Adverts" section of the forums, subject to the rules posted at the top of those forums."

You posted an affiliate link with your own personal affiliate code in it hoping to profit from it. Nobody else has done that in the thread you were warned on.

It is true that posts with affiliate links sometimes don't get deleted, but that is because the moderating team haven't seen them, not due to any bias.

We will not allow spamming of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back