MK DONS TICKET UPDATE

It was a canny day out for the friendly there a few year back. Town centre pubs are walking distance to the ground. There was a bit of bother though when we played them in the cup under Riedy.
Aye I went in pre-season, was in a Wetherspoons about 10 minutes from the ground.

Tickets for MK Dons away will no longer be available from the Stadium of Light box office from 12pm today (Thursday 16 January).

After this time, Sunderland fans can still purchase tickets for the away end by clicking here and then selecting BLOCK UPPER 24A.

Supporters can also contact the MK Dons box office on 0333 200 5343 to purchase tickets as well but online is the quickest and easiest way.

Pay on the day will also available at Stadium MK, with tickets priced at £22 for adults, £17 for over-65s and £7 for under-18s.

There will be a cash booth at the away end (open from 1pm), or if you wish to pay with credit/debit card, the box office will also be selling tickets (open from 9.30am)

Last edited:
I'm not sure but Portsmouth took nigh on 5,000 and I think MK Dons did something weird like gave them all the top tier and the corners but split the bottom tier so than no one was behind the goal, just either side of the stand again towards the corners.
Yeah we took 5k this time on that Sunday between Xmas and new year, having took 6.5k a few seasons ago. Cov took 6k this season if I recall.

After we played them first time, they’ve altered their away end, so you have to have 7-8k there to get the seats directly behind the goal.

They basically split our fans when we went there between Christmas, which was extremely shite of them as it killed our atmosphere a bit, compared to 2 years previous.

Suppose as a home side, it gave them an advantage.

Yeah we took 5k this time on that Sunday between Xmas and new year, having took 6.5k a few seasons ago. Cov took 6k this season if I recall.

After we played them first time, they’ve altered their away end, so you have to have 7-8k there to get the seats directly behind the goal.

They basically split our fans when we went there between Christmas, which was extremely shite of them as it killed our atmosphere a bit, compared to 2 years previous.

Suppose as a home side, it gave them an advantage.
Sensible of them really but not great for us.

Were they very good on the day or were you poor?

Correct, I get sick of hearing about 'our support', its fking boring. I have been a season ticket holder for 29 years and I dont applaud myself for watching shite. I do it because I am a fan of the team where I come from, simple as that, the attendance was announced on the PA last saturday and people were clapping themselves, whats that all about! Conner Bromley interviewing Gooch today on SAFC asking if he has shivers playing in front of amazing away support, embarrassing to fuck
There’s the answer to your statement

Correct, I get sick of hearing about 'our support', its fking boring. I have been a season ticket holder for 29 years and I dont applaud myself for watching shite. I do it because I am a fan of the team where I come from, simple as that, the attendance was announced on the PA last saturday and people were clapping themselves, whats that all about! Conner Bromley interviewing Gooch today on SAFC asking if he has shivers playing in front of amazing away support, embarrassing to fuck
Some people will actually twist about anything man

Sensible of them really but not great for us.

Were they very good on the day or were you poor?
Tough to answer exactly, which likely means a bit of both.

I personally thought we were very flat that day and poor as a result. Our game has evolved slightly in that we like to press teams off of the ball, force turnovers and break with pace. We’ve still not totally clicked on that front, but when we get it right we look good, and we proved that with our performances at Fratton Park, particularly the last 6.

We’d just beaten Ipswich and Wycombe and deservedly too. 2-0 flattered Wycombe and 1-0 flattered Ipswich. But it was a bit of a come down as we looked too slow to press their pass-it-out from the back.

On the back of that game, Alex Bass has come in goal for MacGillivray, who has not had a good season by the standards he has set.

We’ve been rubbish away from home this year. But had we scored first, when we were on top at 0-0, I think we would have won the game despite our flatness. The actual xG reflected that Close, Marquis and Curtis fluffed some real chances.

By all accounts though, MK’s view is that win v us and Oxford before that was down to players returning from injury. They’ve looked good since that point, and is why many of the lower league podcasts and analysts are all saying they are in a false position and will be well safe by the end of the season. They’ll play a diamond I think. You'll need to watch Rhys Healey (striker) and Alex Gilbey (cam).

If you can get a high press onto them with energy you’ll win imo. If you are a yard short, and they beat your press, you’ll be in trouble, because they try and play pretty passing football through the lines and do have a couple of decent technicians.

Last edited:

I personally thought we were very flat that day and poor as a result. Our game has evolved slightly in that we like to press teams off of the ball, force turnovers and break with pace. We’ve still not totally clicked on that front, but when we get it right we look good, and we proved that with our performances at Fratton Park, particularly the last 6.

We’d just beaten Ipswich and Wycombe and deservedly too. 2-0 flattered Wycombe and 1-0 flattered Ipswich. But it was a bit of a come down as we looked too slow to press their pass-it-out from the back.

On the back of that game, Alex Bass has come in goal for MacGillivray, who has not had a good season by the standards he has set.

We’ve been rubbish away from home this year. But had we scored first, when we were on top at 0-0, I think we would have won the game despite our flatness. The actual xG reflected that Close, Marquis and Curtis fluffed some real chances.

By all accounts though, MK’s view is that win v us and Oxford before that was down to players returning from injury. They’ve looked good since that point, and is why many of the lower league podcasts and analysts are all saying they are in a false position and will be well safe by the end of the season. They’ll play a diamond I think. You'll need to watch Rhys Healey (striker) and Alex Gilbey (cam).

If you can get a high press onto them with energy you’ll win imo. If you are a yard short, and they beat your press, you’ll be in trouble, because they try and play pretty passing football through the lines and do have a couple of decent technicians.
I think it's a combination of that and Martin getting his ideas across from what I understand. It sounds like we're going into the game in a very similar situation as to how yourselves went there, hopefully we aren't as flat or complacent or whatever it was that was ultimately your short coming.

I think Gilbey's excellent, I'd love for us to be in for him.

Interesting that you've taken on a high press and quick break approach, explains why you're trying to sign half of Barnsley's team from last season. ;)

Were there tickets available for away fans to buy on the day?

I'm not sure but Portsmouth took nigh on 5,000 and I think MK Dons did something weird like gave them all the top tier and the corners but split the bottom tier so than no one was behind the goal, just either side of the stand again towards the corners.
Nowhere near as far to travel

Were there tickets available for away fans to buy on the day?
Yes, on all occasions this season anyway. Think it’s something MK do. I can’t remember if they took them off sale back in early 2018, but definitely had them on sale on the day of the Sunday game between Xmas and new year, which apparently put another 400 odd on the gate for us.

Absolutely fantastic support from the best fans in the country. Where else would a club that has been served up complete shyte for the last 4 decades take this many fans away for a league one fixture and average 30k for home games

Factor in too that it's only a couple of weeks since Xmas and New Year...so "disposable income " a bit less than usual for many folk...

Back