MK Dons result?

I think it’ll be close and could go either way. For me it depends how well they cope with our press and how well we can contain Alex Gilbey (who we should be trying to sign incidentally).

We played with intensity back in September and they couldn’t cope with us. Of course Ross put the shackles on us 2nd half and we nearly ended up throwing it away.

it’ll be a tight game but I’m confident we’ll win, 1-0 or 2-1

I think itll be a tough game, looks as though they've improved a lot recently. They've beaten Oxford and Portsmouth recently, and drew with Coventry. I hope we go into this one with the same fight as we did vs Wycombe.
They battered Oxford and Portsmouth and could/should have beaten Coventry. They hammered Bristol Rovers 3-0 too and it could’ve been about 8.

They’ve looked impressive but I don’t know if anyone’s pressed them high up the park yet (they like to play out) and how they’d fare against that. From the highlights Burton did a couple of times last night and it lead to chances for them.

They battered Oxford and Portsmouth and could/should have beaten Coventry. They hammered Bristol Rovers 3-0 too and it could’ve been about 8.

They’ve looked impressive but I don’t know if anyone’s pressed them high up the park yet (they like to play out) and how they’d fare against that. From the highlights Burton did a couple of times last night and it lead to chances for them.

Might suit us then if they play in that way. I know Doncaster like to play out from the back and our press ruined them.

If we expect to have a good chance to go up then it should be a comfortable win. That said, our away performances and results have been very poor IMO and a main reason we are not top 3. Home form is not bad at all. Need to take the same intensity and aggression away from home.

Big game. We’ve had an extra three days rest and preparation for the game. I’d go as far as to say if we win on Saturday I think we’ll go on to secure automatic promotion and probably the league title

Might suit us then if they play in that way. I know Doncaster like to play out from the back and our press ruined them.
Lincoln too. It was only when they went more direct in the second half that they came back into it.
If we expect to have a good chance to go up then it should be a comfortable win. That said, our away performances and results have been very poor IMO and a main reason we are not top 3. Home form is not bad at all. Need to take the same intensity and aggression away from home.
Our last two performances have been excellent mind.
I wouldn’t be so easily dismissive of MK Dons though. Oxford, Coventry and Portsmouth retain a good chance of going up and didn’t beat them at all let alone comfortably.

Last edited:

Back