Mixing whey protein powder

TK-421

Winger
Hello fit people. So I’ve been using protein powder for the past few years. This has been very off and on and for the past 6 months I’ve barely touched it until recently. But I’ve been rather determined to get back on the horse and for the last month I’ve rarely touched a piece of bread (or many carbs at all), ate reasonably and been using protein shakes, combined with getting to the gym rather often.
I’m trying to shift some lard around my gut whilst keeping the areas where I do have muscle fairly lean.
My question is this- I mix my protein powder with milk to make the shake, as I can’t stand the stuff when mixed with water like it’s supposed to be. I tried it with water again yesterday and couldn’t finish it. Will this have any significant drawbacks and should I nip my nose and be mixing this stuff with water or do any of you good people mix it with milk too?

Is that stuff better for you than, say, whole milk? In terms of nutrients and the likes.

It's usually fortified with vitamin b12, d and potassium. It's got about the same calories as skim milk. It's got no cholesterol and has as much protein as milk.

I put mine in porridge. From what I've read microwaving it denatures it but it only breaks down some of the bonds between the protein molecules - it doesn't change the nutritional content or impact. You just need to experiment with how long it takes in your particular microwave.

I put mine in porridge. From what I've read microwaving it denatures it but it only breaks down some of the bonds between the protein molecules - it doesn't change the nutritional content or impact. You just need to experiment with how long it takes in your particular microwave.
Another good idea mate. Cheers.
I’m running out of my current stuff (maxi nutrition whey) and switching to kinetica thermo whey because apparently it’s a balance between fat loss and maintaining muscle. Don’t know if you/anyone has any experience with the thermo stuff?

Another good idea mate. Cheers.
I’m running out of my current stuff (maxi nutrition whey) and switching to kinetica thermo whey because apparently it’s a balance between fat loss and maintaining muscle. Don’t know if you/anyone has any experience with the thermo stuff?

I don't, but I think I've seen posts from others on here ( @oROSSo ?) that have been sceptical about weight loss supplements in general.

Good idea mate

He’s basically spot on.

It’s absolutely fine to use milk (and I’m with you that it’s rancid with just water, but then the argument is you’re not drinking it for the taste). Just make sure it fits in with your overall diet. Milk is fairly calorie dense so something else might have to give if you’re aiming to lose weight.

As always though, would you not be better served getting your protein through good quality food?

He’s basically spot on.

It’s absolutely fine to use milk (and I’m with you that it’s rancid with just water, but then the argument is you’re not drinking it for the taste). Just make sure it fits in with your overall diet. Milk is fairly calorie dense so something else might have to give if you’re aiming to lose weight.

As always though, would you not be better served getting your protein through good quality food?
My diet at the minute mostly consists of meat, eggs and vegetables. Usually anyway. I’m not never sure how much I should be eating. For instance, yeah I might be losing a bit of tub but I’m not maintaining my muscle as much as I was before even with the protein stuff.

I don't, but I think I've seen posts from others on here ( @oROSSo ?) that have been sceptical about weight loss supplements in general.
I’ll have a look mate

My diet at the minute mostly consists of meat, eggs and vegetables. Usually anyway. I’m not never sure how much I should be eating. For instance, yeah I might be losing a bit of tub but I’m not maintaining my muscle as much as I was before even with the protein stuff.

I’d argue you need to properly define what you need to eat and then work from there. If you can achieve that with good food then you needn’t spend the money on supplements that just do the same job anyway, but without the benefits that food has.

Back