Missus wants a fitbit

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Epping, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

I have the Charge 2 and I think it's good. Does everything I need it do to, and I'm sure it can do more besides

2. My Left Foot

My Left Foot Midfield

I recently got the Samsung S3 and I'm well pleased with it. The only thing I don't like is the paint on the bezel seems to scratch easy. Got two scuffs on mine already and I haven't got a clue how I done it.

3. hank williams

hank williams Striker

She's on about a new fella

Epping likes this.
  4. viccarlton

viccarlton Striker

A fitter newer model with more staying power?

5. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

The Charge 2 is quite a chunky piece of kit. If you like that, then that is fine, but if you would prefer something neater on your wrist then the Alta HR is smaller and less intrusive. Don’t forget that you will be wearing it in bed at least some of the time if you want to track your sleep patterns, and the bigger the watch is the more it drags on the sheets when you turn over from side to side.

HellsBells and Stray Cat like this.
  6. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

That one is more expensive though and it doesn’t have the heart rate thing does it?

7. cruze

cruze Winger

I’ve got a blaze but not using it these days.

It’s got a replacement strap which are less than a tenner on eBay.
    Happy to part with it for £30

8. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

I’m using an Alta hr and it does have the heart rate. There is a base Alta which doesn’t so you need to be careful when you order to make sure that you get the right one.

The cheapest place to buy seems to be John Lewis at £99.95 including delivery.

Just got sidetracked by the daughter asking if I will still be up in two hours as she doesn’t have a clean tunic for work tomorrow, and she wants me to stay up until they can go on the radiators to dry! A mother’s work is never done.

Stray Cat likes this.
  9. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

I’ve got the charge 2 and I wouldn’t say it was chunky.

10. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

I’m getting it through a work scheme so I can pay monthly interest free and it’s £30 more on that.

11. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

In that case you could get it from Very catalogue for £99.99 and if it’s your first order then you could get 20% off. At full price it’s £33.33 per month for three months. Obviously the 20% off will reduce the monthly payments too.

Alta HR

Forgot to m3ntion that in comes in two sizes small and large. I think most women would fit in the small but if she has chunky wrists the larger wristband might be better.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Stray Cat likes this.
  12. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

I think you’re assuming I’m a bloke just like I was with you. My wrists are double skinny ;)

13. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

Right! In that case the small would be more appropriate!

I guess I just made assumptions when you said for your missus, which I shouldn’t as my niece is married to a woman and so I should know better!

14. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

That wasn’t me that was @Epping !!

I’m happily married to @Swindon Mackem who is most definitely a bloke :lol:

15. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

I think that I’ve proved conclusively that I respond to the post and not the poster!

Stray Cat likes this.
  16. errant

errant Striker

i've got the charge 2 - very happy with it. does what i want.

17. Royston Vasey

Royston Vasey Striker

Charge 2 - don't need GPS on the FitBit as it uses your phone's. About £100.

Epping likes this.
  18. You are definitely a small, missus. :D

Think I got me Mam an Alta HR. Like Lancelot says they’re decent and small enough. She loves it. Just make sure you get an HR version as the calories burned will be so much more accurate.

Stray Cat likes this.
  19. Stray Cat

Stray Cat Striker

Which one have you got?

20. The Blaze. Bit more of a watch.