Misheard Lyrics

Godley and Creme’s “Under your thumb” (the one where he seems to catch fire in the video)
I was standing in the station
Being pounded by Lorraine

My daughter used to sing all I do is shine his grate to the take that song all I do each night is pray.

Oliver's army became alacazamba. :confused: I know I know, I don't know either but I was just a youth.

I wrote a letter to the postman, he put it in his sack. By early next morning, I got that letter back, she wrote upon it return December....instead of return to sender.

Forever in blue jeans became Reverend blue jeans.

Gilbert O'sullivan's song, get down. During the song the lyrics said, now I'm just like a cat on a hot tin roof....Became.....I'm just like a cat on a horses back.

Just a few off the top of my head.

I was up a scaffold for a couple of weeks in a factory in Hebburn putting up what seemed like about half a million flourescent fittings.
The lad I was with sang ‘Hebburn, i’m in Hebburn’all day every f***ing day.
40 years on and every time I hear a song with ‘heaven’ in the lyrics my brain changes it to Hebburn.
Fuck you Belinda Carlisle.

Not so much lyrics, but the phone system is computerised at work and when someone leaves a voicemail it sends a sound file to your email and attempts a transcript of the message. It's rarely accurate, and this morning a message starts "Anus is just a quick one"

“Feels” by Calvin Harris in them Katy Perry bit

‘Don’t be afraid to catch fish’

I am utterly convinced, even though I know the lyric, that she’s singing about trout.

Which makes a whole lot more sense than ‘catching feels’ ffs

Back