RAWA Minutes from RAWA/Club Meeting.

I

Your post said

"The BLC had meetings but never bothered to ask for questions (even from branch members as far as I can tell), they never bothered publishing minutes, they might as well not have had any engagement whatsoever"

That's why I pointed out they are only for members. They wouldnt "bother to ask for questions" Why would they? If you were that bothered about not being represented then you should have joined a branch. Not the BLC's fault that you didn't.

Its has been pointed out by @Abu Dhabi Red and White that they did ask branch members and give you an example.

Oh, and I shouldn't have to join a branch just to be able to raise concerns as a fan. I live in Sunderland so I don't have the need to use a branch for travel to the SoL. When I go away (not too often now that I've got a youngun) I either go by train or contact a branch to get a seat on a bus which I can do without being a member, there'd be no point in me being a member of Seaham or Shields or whatever when I live in the middle of Sunderland. There are many, many fans in that boat who have no reason to join a branch (many of whom like me are SC holders or go match by match). That doesn't mean that they should be excluded from being able to raise concerns as supporters and that is why they much prefer RAWA doing it since they ask anyone to contribute and actually publish minutes

Oh, and I shouldn't have to join a branch just to be able to raise concerns as a fan. I live in Sunderland so I don't have the need to use a branch for travel to the SoL. When I go away (not too often now that I've got a youngun) I either go by train or contact a branch to get a seat on a bus which I can do without being a member, there'd be no point in me being a member of Seaham or Shields or whatever when I live in the middle of Sunderland. There are many, many fans in that boat who have no reason to join a branch (many of whom like me are SC holders or go match by match). That doesn't mean that they should be excluded from being able to raise concerns as supporters and that is why they much prefer RAWA doing it since they ask anyone to contribute and actually publish minutes

I think you are wasting your time marra, they are not reading what you are trying to say

I think you are wasting your time marra, they are not reading what you are trying to say

They seem to think I hate the BLC or are against them representing their members. They're wrong on both. I've got a lot of time for the branches, if going by bus to an away game I'll always try and use a branch rather than ALS etc because I know how much time, effort and money they put into arranging transport for their members. Branch members should be able to have their concerns raised at meetings with the club. I just also feel that the massive percentage of our fans who aren't branch members should also be able to raise concerns (without being told they should have joined a branch!). RAWA represent loads of groups including branches, they've issued a lot more communication that I've seen since they started doing it, they've crucially made it easy to find the minutes so we can all see what has been discussed and whether the club have taken any actions. I really don't think I'm taking a controversial position here by saying that's why I think a lot didn't like the BLC doing it!

a much more transparent group like RAWA which has an online presence
Online presence - is there now live interaction with members?

Was the recent campaign put to all of the members before it was instigated?

The following were all selected by the 'chosen few' -
Name.
Logo.
Officials.
Meeting Venues.

Of course, members were given a 'chance' to 'ratify' these things later.

It's not my intention to knock RAWA (especially as it seems to be improving) but please don't pretend that it's great.

There is room for both types of group. BLC might be especially important if other channels of communication break down.
;)

Online presence - is there now live interaction with members?

Was the recent campaign put to all of the members before it was instigated?

The following were all selected by the 'chosen few' -
Name.
Logo.
Officials.
Meeting Venues.

Of course, members were given a 'chance' to 'ratify' these things later.

It's not my intention to knock RAWA (especially as it seems to be improving) but please don't pretend that it's great.

There is room for both types of group. BLC might be especially important if other channels of communication break down.

;)

Online presence as in they have an easy to find web site, they communicate clearly via social media, you can send queries to them that way and, by releasing minutes online, they make it very easy for all to see them and send them to others. It's just a better, more inclusive way of doing it imo than relying on the BLC to do it.

I'm not pretending RAWA is great (I actually brought up the point about them joining the Donald out thing without canvassing opinion a couple of days ago) but I do think it's much better for attending these meetings than the BLC.

Anyway, let's move on marra, we've been at this long enough, let's get on with the day and "look forward" to Doncaster ;)

The more fans who can be involved the better imo. It shouldn't be limited to fans in a branch via blc or rawa imo it should be both

i’ve seen and heard more since rawa became involved than ever before.

i fear that is what the club will do again though, go back to just meeting blc with no opportunity for those outside branches to have a say or ask anything
I understand your point but for my 2 quid annual membership, I get subsidised travel/social activities AND the opportunity to raise matters and get feedback. i also like what the BLC does for the community.

I get info from RAWA and the BLC. No reason to pit them against each other at all unless someone attacks one and bigs up the other...
Online presence as in they have an easy to find web site, they communicate clearly via social media, you can send queries to them that way and, by releasing minutes online, they make it very easy for all to see them and send them to others. It's just a better, more inclusive way of doing it imo than relying on the BLC to do it.

I'm not pretending RAWA is great (I actually brought up the point about them joining the Donald out thing without canvassing opinion a couple of days ago) but I do think it's much better for attending these meetings than the BLC.

Anyway, let's move on marra, we've been at this long enough, let's get on with the day and "look forward" to Doncaster ;)
Fair enough mate, I don't see why it has to be either or - you can go to the bog for a piss and fart at the same time...

Last edited:
They seem to think I hate the BLC or are against them representing their members. They're wrong on both. I've got a lot of time for the branches, if going by bus to an away game I'll always try and use a branch rather than ALS etc because I know how much time, effort and money they put into arranging transport for their members. Branch members should be able to have their concerns raised at meetings with the club. I just also feel that the massive percentage of our fans who aren't branch members should also be able to raise concerns (without being told they should have joined a branch!). RAWA represent loads of groups including branches, they've issued a lot more communication that I've seen since they started doing it, they've crucially made it easy to find the minutes so we can all see what has been discussed and whether the club have taken any actions. I really don't think I'm taking a controversial position here by saying that's why I think a lot didn't like the BLC doing it!
Your original post on the matter stated they dont do this, dont do that. I agree it's good that the RAWA are involved but it pisses me off when people say they have had no chance of a say or to see what is going on. It would take two mins to join a branch, doesn't mean you have to travel to game with them.

And no, I'm not a member of a branch and I dont know anyone on the BLC but then I'm not complaining about not being represented

A quick google in 2 mins found

I understand your point but for my 2 quid annual membership, I get subsidised travel/social activities AND the opportunity to raise matters and get feedback. i also like what the BLC does for the community.

I get info from RAWA and the BLC. No reason to pit them against each other at all unless someone attacks one and bigs up the other...

Fair enough mate, I don't see why it has to be either or - you can go to the bog for a piss and fart at the same time...

Just has to be one or the other for the purposes of attending the club meetings because the club are only required to meet with one group. So if they meet with with BLC they likely won't agree to meet with RAWA and vice versa (especially when they're feeling pressure!). So if only one group can attend the represent the fans I'd rather the one that represents all fans including the branches does the role,, especially when they clearly publish the minutes which keeps the fans more in the loop. Both do a good job I'm sure and I hope that the club still regularly does non-compulsory meetings with the BLC to discuss more mundane branch issues like ticketing etc, I'm just anxious that at this point the club will roll right back on their communication! Ideally they should definitely make time for both!

Just has to be one or the other for the purposes of attending the club meetings because the club are only required to meet with one group. So if they meet with with BLC they likely won't agree to meet with RAWA and vice versa (especially when they're feeling pressure!). So if only one group can attend the represent the fans I'd rather the one that represents all fans including the branches does the role,, especially when they clearly publish the minutes which keeps the fans more in the loop. Both do a good job I'm sure and I hope that the club still regularly does non-compulsory meetings with the BLC to discuss more mundane branch issues like ticketing etc, I'm just anxious that at this point the club will roll right back on their communication! Ideally they should definitely make time for both!
Ah, that is the reason for the bitterness and attacks from you and GOM - you are both worried that RAWA will lose its role.

The BLC minutes could be found online in two mins. Google BLC Sunderland minutes. Granted they are from 2017 but that could be clubs fault as we've seen with RAWA how the club drag their feet to agree them

i agree it should be both, no reason why it can’t be unless the club dictate that

Ah, that is the reason for the bitterness and attacks from you and GOM - you are both worried that RAWA will lose its role.

Fuck me not this again, I thought we were getting somewhere! Once more, I'm not bitter, I've joined the RAWA mailing list but I'm hardly some fanatical advocate of theirs. I don't really care which group meets with the club as long as all fans (branch members or otherwise) can easily find communications about upcoming meetings, can easily submit their queries and, crucially, can easily find copies of the minutes when they're released. I know from past experience that when the BLC did it that didn't really happen. Looks like they asked members for questions (as you've proved, so cheers for that) but didn't widely ask others, I definitely remember that people here would often ask about the minutes of the meetings and no one would know where to find them. That's changed since RAWA started doing it. For that reason, yes, I'd rather RAWA did it than the BLC but other than that I've got no dog in the fight. If the BLC started doing it again I'd hope they'd follow the RAWA way if doing things and start communicating more widely so we could all see what they were asking and see if the club were following up on it. If they did I'd have no issue but since RAWAC have always done that and BLC didn't previously it's no surprise that many would ideally like to see RAWA keep doing it

Yes, we should move one as we are clearly not going to agree.

Definitely agree to disagree on this but out of interest why are you just highlighting the mailing list bit? Are you trying to suggest I'm biased in favour of RAWA because I gave them my email address? I just want updates etc regarding the club. If the BLC were going to start doing the same job and were going to communicate to anyone who was interested I'd join their mailing list as well!

Definitely agree to disagree on this but out of interest why are you just highlighting the mailing list bit? Are you trying to suggest I'm biased in favour of RAWA because I gave them my email address? I just want updates etc regarding the club. If the BLC were going to start doing the same job and were going to communicate to anyone who was interested I'd join their mailing list as well!
Didn't read your message - I've moved on.

Fuck me not this again, I thought we were getting somewhere! Once more, I'm not bitter, I've joined the RAWA mailing list but I'm hardly some fanatical advocate of theirs. I don't really care which group meets with the club as long as all fans (branch members or otherwise) can easily find communications about upcoming meetings, can easily submit their queries and, crucially, can easily find copies of the minutes when they're released. I know from past experience that when the BLC did it that didn't really happen. Looks like they asked members for questions (as you've proved, so cheers for that) but didn't widely ask others, I definitely remember that people here would often ask about the minutes of the meetings and no one would know where to find them. That's changed since RAWA started doing it. For that reason, yes, I'd rather RAWA did it than the BLC but other than that I've got no dog in the fight. If the BLC started doing it again I'd hope they'd follow the RAWA way if doing things and start communicating more widely so we could all see what they were asking and see if the club were following up on it. If they did I'd have no issue but since RAWAC have always done that and BLC didn't previously it's no surprise that many would ideally like to see RAWA keep doing it
I found minutes from BLC in two mins man. There have also been threads on here and on Facebook. Christ, what do you want, someone to knock on your door with paper copy of minutes and ask what questions you have?

I found minutes from BLC in two mins man. There have also been threads on here and on Facebook. Christ, what do you want, someone to knock on your door with paper copy of minutes and ask what questions you have?

No I was answering a question about why people seem to like RAWA doing the meetings. It is a fact that people on here for years have said they didn't feel the meetings were well communicated, minutes weren't clearly released and were frustrated that most fans aren't branch members and couldn't ask questions. Aye sometimes you could find the minutes if you searched, but it wasn't always known (to non members) when the meetings were or when the minutes were coming out. All I can see is a random PDF with one set of minutes. No clear "this is a release of minutes from the latest meeting" on a website, just a pdf eventually dumped online. I'm sure they could be found if you knew when to look, but the feeling was they weren't clearly communicated. Is that feeling right or wrong? I don't know, I haven't looked for other minutes other than the one set from 2017 that you found. The feeling, however, is that BLC didn't do the role as well as RAWA are, which is the answer to his question from bloody hours ago
Didn't read your message - I've moved on.

You did like

Last edited:
No I was answering a question about why people seem to like RAWA doing the meetings. It is a fact that people on here for years have said they didn't feel the meetings were well communicated, minutes weren't clearly released and were frustrated that most fans aren't branch members and couldn't ask questions. Aye sometimes you could find the minutes if you searched, but it wasn't always known (to non members) when the meetings were or when the minutes were coming out. All I can see is a random PDF with one set of minutes. No clear "this is a release of minutes from the latest meeting" on a website, just a pdf eventually dumped online. I'm sure they could be found if you knew when to look, but the feeling was they weren't clearly communicated. Is that feeling right or wrong? I don't know, I haven't looked for other minutes other than the one set from 2017 that you found. The feeling, however, is that BLC didn't do the role as well as RAWA are, which is the answer to his question from bloody hours ago

You did like
I'm not on Facebook but I imagine their page has links to meetings.

Anyway, my point still stands, if anyone was actually really bothered about reading minutes or asking questions over the years, then they could have.

Only if they could be arsed to....

I'm not on Facebook but I imagine their page has links to meetings.

Anyway, my point still stands, if anyone was actually really bothered about reading minutes or asking questions over the years, then they could have.

Only if they could be arsed to....

They could ask questions if they are branch members, which most aren't. They could have joined a branch but shouldn't have needed to just in order to be able to ask a question. And people shouldn't have had to know when minutes were released and Google them to find them (and we've only found one set of minutes that way to be fair, where's the rest?). Anyway, we've both made our point, RAWA definitely communicate well and clearly release the minutes and let anyone ask questions, so I think it's for the best that they keep doing the meetings at the minute. If the BLC take over again hopefully they'll take on some of the good bits RAWA have done and then everyone will be happy. I think you've got your own reasons for not liking RAWA mind; not saying you're wrong (I know you've had a question which doesn't seem to have been addressed which I agree is wrong/ actually a bit of a disgrace) but when I'm being accused of bitterness I don't think it's me with an axe to grind one way or the other

Back