RAWA Minutes from RAWA/Club Meeting.

So, the mantra only applies to people who questioned RAWA - I get where you are coming from.

Don't know what you're on about. People didn't like the BLC doing meetings because the average fan was never asked to submit questions and the minutes were never widely communicated. I've been on here for years, I've seen people ask before about the minutes but no one ever had a copy to post, or even a link as to where they could be found. They treated it like it was some kind of secret society and they were some kind of super important fans for having access. Say what you want about RAWA but they're open to everyone, it's very easy to find out how to contact them, they widely disseminate minutes of the meetings they have so that your average fan can easily see what has been discussed and what was agreed. It's night and day compared to what happened before. You're the one who asked why people didn't like the BLC doing it, not my fault if you don't like the answer because you like a couple of people involved in the BLC

This is going around in circles - I've already shown a recent example of branch members being asked to submit questions. Goodnight.

Yes. Of branch members. Any sign of non branch members (a huge number of our fans) getting to contribute? No, because they were a BLC and thus only bothered about their members. Found anywhere where the minutes were published? Thought not, iirc they never even went online so you really had to search for them, you basically had to know someone fairly high up in a branch and ask for a copy. So when you asked why many, ordinary, non branch members would dislike the BLC going back to doing meetings, that's your answer. Goodnight.

Yes. Of branch members. Any sign of non branch members (a huge number of our fans) getting to contribute? No, because they were a BLC and thus only bothered about their members. Found anywhere where the minutes were published? Thought not, iirc they never even went online so you really had to search for them, you basically had to know someone fairly high up in a branch and ask for a copy. So when you asked why many, ordinary, non branch members would dislike the BLC going back to doing meetings, that's your answer. Goodnight.
Surely that is the point of the BLC though, why would they ask non-branch members for questions?

It's like Unison or the GMB asking non-members if they should accept a new pay deal.

Surely that is the point of the BLC though, why would they ask non-branch members for questions?

It's like Unison or the GMB asking non-members if they should accept a new pay deal.

That's why I said "because they're a BLC". I know that as a branch committee their main concern will be their members, but that's exactly why I, and many others, prefer RAWA. Why should it only be branch members who can raise concerns to the club when so many fans aren't members of a branch? Surely it's better as it is now when the meetings are held by a group that we can all communicate with and who represent all fans? For that reason, plus the fact they actually ensure minutes can be found, RAWA are a much better choice than the BLC to attend.

Exactly - would RAWA invite non-members to meetings!!!

As above, I know a BLC will only be concerned with their members, that's exactly why they're not the right choice to attend these meetings. Why should only branch member concerns be raised when so many fans aren't branch members? As the only chance for fan concerns to be raised directly to the club it's better having a group that encourages questions from all, even before considering the fact they're the only ones who actually made the minutes widely available and posted them online. The BLC doing it was tired and outdated, normal fans had no confidence that they were raising and pushing issues that were important to the wider fan base, instead worrying that it was a cosy chat about ticket allocations, and with no way of viewing the minutes to confirm one way or the other that suspicion always remained

Exactly - would RAWA invite non-members to meetings!!!
As above, I know a BLC will only be concerned with their members, that's exactly why they're not the right choice to attend these meetings. Why should only branch member concerns be raised when so many fans aren't branch members? As the only chance for fan concerns to be raised directly to the club it's better having a group that encourages questions from all, even before considering the fact they're the only ones who actually made the minutes widely available and posted them online. The BLC doing it was tired and outdated, normal fans had no confidence that they were raising and pushing issues that were important to the wider fan base, instead worrying that it was a cosy chat about ticket allocations, and with no way of viewing the minutes to confirm one way or the other that suspicion always remained
You clearly speak for all 'normal' fans and seem quite bitter about another group of SAFC supporters - the latter seems quite sad but go for it if it helps you to feel better. I don't have a particular interest in or issue with BLC but stepped in when I saw the attack made by GOM and needed to correct your 'misunderstanding' about questions not being sought by the BLC.

I do see the need for contact by the club to particular branches though and I have been impressed by their support to members and to the community.

Good luck in your quest for election to the RAWA board.

You clearly speak for all 'normal' fans and seem quite bitter about another group of SAFC supporters - the latter seems quite sad but go for it if it helps you to feel better. I don't have a particular interest in or issue with BLC but stepped in when I saw the attack made by GOM and needed to correct your 'misunderstanding' about questions not being sought by the BLC.

I do see the need for contact by the club to particular branches though and I have been impressed by their support to members and to the community.

Good luck in your quest for election to the RAWA board.

What a ridiculous post.

I'm not bitter at all. I only brought up the BLC and why people would rather the meetings were done by RAWA because you f***ing asked! I have no issue with the BLC or with them representing their members, but don't feel they're the best group to have sole contact with the club since so many fans aren't branch members and thus aren't represented by them. There is, iirc, a BLC rep on RAWA, so surely that's the best of both worlds? They have representation along with all other fans. How can you be twisting that, and the fact I think a meeting is only really worthwhile when the group clearly produces and communicates the minutes, into a bad thing?

I've never said I speak for all normal fans. I've said RAWA are nearer to doing so than the BLC since they make it so easy to communicate with them.

I have no interest whatsoever in being elected onto the RAWA board. If I did I'd have put myself up for the vote when they were deciding the SMB rep. I wouldn't have been able to get to a lot of the meetings etc so it wouldn't have been fair. I'd rather let the best person do it which is why I'm pleased that the SMB rep we've got does such a good job. I'm just glad that now any of us can easily message him and ask him to bring something up with wasn't possible before for non branch members.

Not sure why you're trying to make this into some sort of an argument. You asked why people had an issue with BLC doing the meeting. I mentioned it's because people didn't feel represented by them unless they were in a branch, didn't feel they could raise issues easily and minutes were incredibly hard to find and not even published online. A simple question and a simple answer but you are turning it into me being "bitter" simply because you like a couple of people in the BLC. I'm sure they do a great job for their members, I travel away with a couple of branches and think they do a cracking job for fans in their area. I don't think the BLC was the right group for attending meetings, that's it

Last edited:
I
That's why I said "because they're a BLC". I know that as a branch committee their main concern will be their members, but that's exactly why I, and many others, prefer RAWA. Why should it only be branch members who can raise concerns to the club when so many fans aren't members of a branch? Surely it's better as it is now when the meetings are held by a group that we can all communicate with and who represent all fans? For that reason, plus the fact they actually ensure minutes can be found, RAWA are a much better choice than the BLC to attend.
Your post said

"The BLC had meetings but never bothered to ask for questions (even from branch members as far as I can tell), they never bothered publishing minutes, they might as well not have had any engagement whatsoever"

That's why I pointed out they are only for members. They wouldnt "bother to ask for questions" Why would they? If you were that bothered about not being represented then you should have joined a branch. Not the BLC's fault that you didn't.

Its has been pointed out by @Abu Dhabi Red and White that they did ask branch members and give you an example.

I

Your post said

"The BLC had meetings but never bothered to ask for questions (even from branch members as far as I can tell), they never bothered publishing minutes, they might as well not have had any engagement whatsoever"

That's why I pointed out they are only for members. They wouldnt "bother to ask for questions" Why would they? If you were that bothered about not being represented then you should have joined a branch. Not the BLC's fault that you didn't.

Its has been pointed out by @Abu Dhabi Red and White that they did ask branch members and give you an example.
Then they aren't the best group to represent me, a non member of any branch. And let us remember, most fans are non members of any affiliation. This is GG's point.
It's not difficult to comprehend

I

Your post said

And I accepted that I was wrong on that element of my post (which is why I said "as far as I can tell"). I'd never seen anything where branch members were asked to put questions forward, he showed that they are asked, I accepted it. The main point of my post however was that people who aren't in a branch (a massive percentage of our fan base) weren't asked to contribute, and that no matter who was asked to contribute it's all a bit pointless if they don't widely communicate the minutes. Again I'm pretty sure the BLC didn't even release the minutes online anywhere, you literally had to find someone with a paper copy if you wanted to see them. Now that might be wrong (don't think it is) and I'll accept it if it is. Fact remains, however, there is a commonly held view among the non branch member fans that they couldn't contribute and couldn't see minutes of what was discussed. Again, the BLC representing their members is fair enough, but as the only group having contact with the club they should have ensured all fans felt they could ask questions and certainly should have made sure all could see the minutes. Since they didn't, a much more transparent group like RAWA which has an online presence is obviously a better option for attending these meetings, especially since they also have a BLC rep.

The more fans who can be involved the better imo. It shouldn't be limited to fans in a branch via blc or rawa imo it should be both

i’ve seen and heard more since rawa became involved than ever before.

i fear that is what the club will do again though, go back to just meeting blc with no opportunity for those outside branches to have a say or ask anything

Back