RAWA Minutes from RAWA/Club Meeting.

I think Donald is a decent bloke, he clearly wants to get it right, I have no idea how we are supposed to have any belief that he is going to do it. Some of the stuff in those minutes comes across as delusional.

ceryaibly carrying on the rhetoric from his early days, problem is, me included now want actions not words.

NF agreed that recent performances have been disappointing and when appointing the new manager, SAFC probably spoke to everyone who has been mentioned in press but, for whatever reason, did not want to come

Looks like confirmation that Parkinson wasn't first choice. Maybe that story about them f***ing Ainsworth about over money and being told to do one has some merit?
That's canny worrying like. I wonder if they have looked at why?

We are stuck with Parkinson then

Absolutely no qualms with RAWA with how they’ve conducted themselves here.

I do however think they should now publish Methven’s comments and disband. If the club won’t agree to minutes or allow publication of what is discussed then it is pointless anyway.

RAWA would be making a huge statement if they withdrew from any future meetings. It may also alert the local national media reporters to the situation a little more.

Fours words. Cut, nose, spite, face. There are other groups involved with, say, a history of not making the results of their meetings with the club as transparent. The meetings would continue, as they're an EFL requirement. The only difference will be that getting any information at all will be that much harder. And, trust me, RAWA, are more critical/enquiring than some of the other groups involved.

The valuation of the club is between £30m and £50m....big difference between those figures at this level.

So despite giving away our best players (while continuing to pay them), gave away our best prospects, saw income drop, and have no further parachute payments left, Stew thinks the value of the club had risen from £15m to £40m?

I’m starting to see why every decision they have made has turned to absolute shite

Fours words. Cut, nose, spite, face. There are other groups involved with, say, a history of not making the results of their meetings with the club as transparent. The meetings would continue, as they're an EFL requirement. The only difference will be that getting any information at all will be that much harder. And, trust me, RAWA, are more critical/enquiring than some of the other groups involved.
Aye, but the club have put the block on them revealing that.

Absolutely no qualms with RAWA with how they’ve conducted themselves here.

I do however think they should now publish Methven’s comments and disband. If the club won’t agree to minutes or allow publication of what is discussed then it is pointless anyway.

RAWA would be making a huge statement if they withdrew from any future meetings. It may also alert the local national media reporters to the situation a little more.
Thing is Donald is publicly obliged to sit down at these meetings. He'll hate getting poked with a stick by RAWA now. Others such as BLC will be happy to dance to his tune no doubt. So I'd rather RAWA be in the room even if it's just make him feel awkward.

Last edited:
Thing is Donald is publicly obliged to sit down at these meetings. He'll hate getting poked with a stick by RAWA now. Others such as BLC will be happy to dance to his tune no doubt. So I'd rather RAWA be in the room even if it's just make him feel awkward.

The rumour was that the BLC were far from happy when RAWA got involved. They'd no doubt be delighted to go back to the way things were.

The rumour was that the BLC were far from happy when RAWA got involved. They'd no doubt be delighted to go back to the way things were.
They were far from being proactive in their approach. They've actually done some good work with the mental health hub over the last few months, but were always out to feather their own nest in the past.

It's sad to say but at present there's nothing to look forward to where Sunderland are concerned.

- The club don't seem to have a plan;
- We have a manager no one wants;
- Our best player has potentially left;
- The football is awful to watch;
- The players are shite, there's no flair, no quality and we struggle against everyone;
- There's no faith in the recruitment team, fuck knows what sort of shite we'll bring in in January;
- There's never any talk anout sports science or ensuring we're at the forefront of player analysis;
- We just seem very amateurish, from top to bottom, every group are losing, the stench of failure runs through the club, it's horrible and I can't see how we're going to get out of it. There doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

What the crack with other meeting and minutes that people keep mentioning?

Seen it posted a few times but haven’t a clue what people are talking about

It's sad to say but at present there's nothing to look forward to where Sunderland are concerned.

- The club don't seem to have a plan;
- We have a manager no one wants;
- Our best player has potentially left;
- The football is awful to watch;
- The players are shite, there's no flair, no quality and we struggle against everyone;
- There's no faith in the recruitment team, fuck knows what sort of shite we'll bring in in January;
- There's never any talk anout sports science or ensuring we're at the forefront of player analysis;
- We just seem very amateurish, from top to bottom, every group are losing, the stench of failure runs through the club, it's horrible and I can't see how we're going to get out of it. There doesn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.
Bleak. I was at the sol today (club shop) and as I drove round I thought to myself "how on earth are the club going to afford to maintain this place?" Other clubs who have gone through perilous times haven't also had a 48k stadium to keep

This meeting originally happened in November with Methven in place of Donald. Donald has seen the what was said in the minutes and called the meeting again rather than release what was said in the original one.

The first meeting was attended by methven not Donald. This is where methven made his quotes about the fans. Meeting ended up not achieving what they set out to do when RAWA defended the fans and Donald having read the minutes arranged a second meeting and struck the first one from the records. Charlie has since left.

I think this sums it up perfect. In 20+ years of the BLC and the SLG, I never recall hearing a single thing about fan/club meetings, or every supporter being given a voice.
RAWA has done this in a couple of years.

And in reality, there’s only so much a fan group can do, unless they have actual members on the board.

I think this sums it up perfect. In 20+ years of the BLC and the SLG, I never recall hearing a single thing about fan/club meetings, or every supporter being given a voice.
RAWA has done this in a couple of years.

And in reality, there’s only so much a fan group can do, unless they have actual members on the board.

i'll ask this again since you never answered earlier
is it fair to say the first meeting minutes are why Chaz resigned/pushed out ?

It seems to be being made a bigger deal than it actually was.
It went off track early doors, Methven said one or two things about our fans which came across in a maligning manner, and we vehemently disagreed with him.
Too much time was wasted during this meeting, RAWA put forward some of the unanswered questions in written form, and obviously once Donald seen said minutes, he offered another meeting.
i'll ask this again since you never answered earlier
is it fair to say the first meeting minutes are why Chaz resigned/pushed out ?

Might have played a part. I suppose only the men directly involved can answer that.
Sounds to me like rawa are still up Donald's arse. Got to give Donald credit, he's played the "independent" fanzines very well.

How so?

Last edited:
Sick of hearing this steadied the ship nonsense. We are 11th in league 1 and 14 points behind Wycombe. I honestly think Donald is deluded beyond belief and somehow thinks this is good enough. From the owner through to the recruitment and manager and down to the players we are league 1 at best currently. People need to get their heads out the sand, we are going nowhere under the current lot, they have gave it a go but ultimately they haven’t got the footballing knowledge or the financial clout to make a success of this club. The quick flip hasn’t worked and they now need an escape route ASAP. To say his investment has trebled in value is beyond ludicrous, it will be flat or a very marginal increase at very very best.

Back