Minsk

Just be really careful. Like Russia but more russian. Like stepping back into 80s. People are rude, generally Russians ive dealt with are ok but Belarus aren't. Not been to Minsk but worked with several people from Minsk & they were arseholes. A good laugh in a messed up way but i avoided them after a bit.

Mate was there & had car driven at him then got chinned. Mind you that was 1998.

Would recommend getting in, doing the job & then getting out.

Enjoy....

Update - enjoyed my visit. After the rave reviews on here read up on it and found it’s considered the most corrupt country in Europe with no freedom of press and the only European country to have the death penalty..

However once I was there and you ignore the bleak depressing soviet era architecture and weather to match there were good restaurants and bars. For the price (c £100 a night) the hotel I stayed in “hotel Beijing” was the best value for money and one of the swankiest I’ve stayed in. As the name suggests it was built by the Chinese government who are investing massively in CIS countries.

Never felt threatened but had to convince the locals we weren’t Chelsea fans on first night (Chelsea were playing BATE Borisov on Thursday which is 70km
From Minsk). Everyone was pretty friendly and the lasses were stunning even better than Poland / Latvia / ukraine. Food and drink even in posh places was fir nowt as well.

Not an obvious choice if holiday destination but if u end up there PM me and I can recommend bars restaurants

Back