Minor things that really annoy you

Moving into the outside lane on a dual carriageway like the A19 to allow people to enter from the slip road who then hover a while before putting their foot down and zooming up the inside just as you are about to pull back in.

Dickheads who don't realise that my speed limit in a van is different to their's in a car and start tooting and flashing their lights when I slow to my speed limit for a camera.

My missus annoying habit of hanging a handbag that weighs the thick end of a tonne from every single dining chair.

Plenty really, I'm just a grumpy old barsteward :lol:
People who come straight out from slip roads as if they have right of way - even when there's no way you can let out them 'cos there's someone in the outside lane stopping you pulling out.

Who taught you to f@@king drive?!?!

You don't have right of way!

It's effectively an angled T-junction. You wouldn't drive straight out across one of those.

Or maybe you would.

F@@king clowns.

When you have to follow some sort of process, and you do what you think is required of you, then are delayed or buggered about and it turns out there was something else you were required to do only they never mentioned that was part of the process.

When you complain that you've been buggered about because they forgot to mention a key part of the process, they explain why there's an additional part of the process. You politely explain that you don't mind what their little process is, you just need them to tell you what the process up front so you don't get messed around, and the f***ing IDIOT repeats the already provided and irrelevant information about why they have that step in their process. f***ing morons.

Had this happen to me in the last couple of weeks.

Trying to basically learn something by the seat of my pants from a supposedly 5 point definitive precise exact written instruction guide.

Unfortunately the 5 point instruction guide doesn't include the 2.5 part you need to successfully get from 2 to 3, or the 4.5 bit you need to navigate from 4 to 5 in a positive manner.

Love owt like this!

People who chomp and slurp when they're eating/drinking.
People who are too lazy to put the new toilet roll in the holder...
Trying to open just about anything in a plastic wrapper........
Drivers who think it's beneath them to indicate...
People who say should of instead of have
People who leave lights on.......I realised that I'm describing my wife by here:eek:

There's a "lad" at work who stirs his coffee for 20 - 25 seconds two or three times a day. How the I haven't running windmilled him I'll never know :evil:
Used to work with a bloke who over-stirred his tea then tapped the spoon loudly 3 times on the cup. When you hear this 4-5 times a day you can go a little nuts. And one day I snapped and yelled 'stop' and grabbed the spoon out of his hand. He was a bit shocked. But he never did it again! I think he was very wary of me after that! :lol:

That my wife has been using a kitchen timer for whatever, 15 years ? And only last week when i told her, that if you want to time something for 40 minutes, you don't need to press the minute button 40 times. Just press the button and hold it down and the minutes on the display fly by till you get to 40.
Shes just been watching great british bake off, or whatever and said she just seen someone on there do the same.
Are there any more people this dim ?

This is the nearest thread i could find to that subject.

Last edited:

Back