Mini Fridges.

Expensive to run??

It's a fridge. A small fridge.

I have one in the sitting room for cans. Makes a small bit of noise, but it's worth it to not have to walk to the kitchen, which is on a different floor.

I'm considering pissing into the cans when they're empty so I won't have to walk to the toilet.

That was my problem with mini fridges tbh. Sounds great not having to get up if there's a match on and stuff, but it takes a good while for cans to get warm anyway. Could bring 4 through, drink them during the first half and they'd still be cold enough at half time. After that you're having to go to the toilet every 25 minutes or so anyway, so might as well pick up a couple of cans when you have to go.

I bought my mate a mini fridge for his wedding present. He’s a musician and has a home studio so it goes in there.
It looks like a Marshall Amplifier.
The volume controls even to up to eleven.

That’s ELEVEN maaaaan!

I've had a Husky 15 years so it owes me nowt. Running costs are not worth bothering about. They're good for holding drinks at 5-10º but aren't particularly good at dragging cans down from room/ambient temp. The heat extraction in them isn't great. I usually pre-chill in the main fridge and transfer them into the Husky for storage. Certainly worth having.

I am / was a husky owner. I bought it 2nd hand for 30 quid as the sale of my house was put back a week at the last minute and I'd sold my fridge! It was canny to short term

We then used it during the summer and for parties, mostly for chilling lager.

We were using it less and less so I gave it to my son about 18 months ago to use in his room at uni.

A 2nd hand husky is a far better option. It's at least twice the size of that and looks far better too.

Last edited:
Got a husky in the spare bedroom which doubles as a home theatre. Currently sat watching the cricket on a 92" screen with a few cold tins. Perfect.

Mind, I decamped to there the other night to get away from her snoring and had to switch it off. Loud when there isn't any other noise.

Wouldn't mind getting one for my bedroom, for beers etc.
Anyone recommend me a good one?

And are they expensive to run? Cant find any two answers the same on google :lol:
The one I have doesn't get super cold as it uses a peltier cooler instead of a compressor. It also gets a lot of internal condensation that runs out when you open the door. However it's good for keeping cans/chocolate cool/cold

Back