Mindhunter

Mind hunter was recommended by a mate and thoroughly enjoyed it, watched 2 Unabomber episodes but a week apart and struggled as it seems a bit slow - must try to binge on them in the future or watch a couple a night

It's on My list. Saw just the first 20 mins but couldn't focus, just too much distraction in the house so will give another try later.

however, watched MANHUNT:unabomber and that was f***ing brilliant.. No distractions, blasted through all the episodes in one sitting with barely a piss break.. Great show
Just started Unabomber last night seeing as how I can't binge Waco, decent so far.

Just finished watching this and if anybody hasn't seen it I recommend it. Looking forward to the second series. I can even see it going beyond a second given the amount of material it can draw on.

The thing you have to bear in mind when watching it is that they had no conception of a ‘serial killer’ and the idea that someone would kill random people just because they enjoyed it was a totally alien concept. What is being dramatised is the actual beginning of serial killer profiling and understanding.

I found it really interesting and great entertainment!

Just finished watching this and if anybody hasn't seen it I recommend it. Looking forward to the second series. I can even see it going beyond a second given the amount of material it can draw on.

We loved it too - hoping the next series isn’t too long is being realised

The bloke who plays Ed Kemper in Mindhunter is uncanny like.:eek:

The real Ed Kemper is 6 foot 9 inches in real life so the actor isn't really doing him justice as imposing as he is. Plays a really good part though. The end sequence for the series is a bit tense.

The thing you have to bear in mind when watching it is that they had no conception of a ‘serial killer’ and the idea that someone would kill random people just because they enjoyed it was a totally alien concept. What is being dramatised is the actual beginning of serial killer profiling and understanding.

I found it really interesting and great entertainment!

The Bill Tench character who is seen coining the phrase 'serial killer' is based on late real FBI agent Robert K. Ressler. Amazing to think it took that long (1970s) to arrive at such a criminal term we now take for granted. Especially since 'sequence' killers will have been around forever. Jack the Ripper was at it in 1888.

User Data and Cookie Consent

Last edited:
The actor playing Ed Kemper nails the look and voice, but not sure the 'character'. He's a lot more emotive in interviews.

Mind, was a great series.

I got through about 4 episodes but it just didn't do it for me. Felt like it never really got going.

Switched to Unabomber at the time which was much better, although this has been recommended enough on here for me to give it a second chance.

Back