Mind Over Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done the great North run a couple of times. Got in on the ballot this year.

Telling you now I couldn't turn around and run back to the start for a million quid.

Never doing a marathon.

This is a BBC1 documentary about people with mental health issues training for a marathon.

This one woman had her youngest boy just suddenly die of pneumonia at age 1, five days later her husband killed himself, unable to cope with his grief.

She has spent the last 5 years in utter misery but showing the world a smiling face.

In absolute bits I am.​

This is a BBC1 documentary about people with mental health issues training for a marathon.

This one woman had her youngest boy just suddenly die of pneumonia at age 1, five days later her husband killed himself, unable to cope with his grief.

She has spent the last 5 years in utter misery but showing the world a smiling face.

In absolute bits I am.​

Brilliant piece of Tv. It's about time they showed how mental health issues can hit you like a sledgehammer when you least expect.

I'm glad it dealt with the full spectrum too? Anxiety depression etc.

And it goes to show you can't underestimate the power of exercise to sort your head out.

I watched it yesterday and it was quite upsetting at times but also uplifting as well.

My wife suffers from depression and anxiety and was in a really bad place before xmas so i could see similarities with what she was going through.

She is better now, although i know it will never go away.

She has been running for over 12 months she upped the ante in january (even joined a running club) she done 25k non stop yesterday and entered the sunderland half.

She uses exercise to give her something to concentrate on and I am very proud of what she has achieved.

I watched it yesterday and it was quite upsetting at times but also uplifting as well.

My wife suffers from depression and anxiety and was in a really bad place before xmas so i could see similarities with what she was going through.

She is better now, although i know it will never go away.

She has been running for over 12 months she upped the ante in january (even joined a running club) she done 25k non stop yesterday and entered the sunderland half.

She uses exercise to give her something to concentrate on and I am very proud of what she has achieved.

I planned to get up and go for a run today.... still in my bed :lol:

I've had a few setbacks this year so not going to sweat it... I'll get going soon and stories like your wife's are really inspiring so thank you and tell her I think she is boss ;)

:lol: anyone else think she was deeing todays marathon and had just finished a gruelling training run?

I feel let down.

jesus

just crying from the start onwards... so moving
Shows the power of having good support group, all ten of the being there together at the finish whether had ran or not was a great achievement.

Hopefully gets more people opening up and talking about their problems, I tend to keep my anxiety to myself but few times have discussed with people at work is amazing how many of them have similar issues and experiences. Thankfully my panic attacks seem to have subsided not sure if my running is helping with it or now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back