Millwall fans raising money for Bradley Lowery Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeGee

Goalkeeper
120 Millwall fans will tonight pack out the upstairs hall at Eltham Hill Social Club, London SE9 in a fund raising social for the Bradley Lowery Foundation. (BLF) The event has been organised by Lions fanatics Chris and Sue Prete, who tied the knot last Year on the pitch at the New Den, and Martin Cooper.

“We have an affinity with Bradley Lowery because at Millwall we had a similar situation with Lions fan Harvey Brown who was refused treatment for an ultra-rare disease on the NHS. We campaigned and reversed that decision. Harvey is coming along on Friday as our Guest of Honour and he will draw out the raffle,” said Chris Prete.

The fans hope to raise around a thousand pounds. This will be presented to the Bradley Lowery Foundation at the Sunderland v Millwall game on Saturday 18 November. It is hoped that Sunderland AFC will allow the funds to be presented to the Foundation on the pitch at the Stadium of Light.

Gemma Lowery and Lynn Murphy have praised the Millwall fans efforts. “On behalf of the Bradley Lowery Foundation, we would like to say a huge thank you to you all, for helping us carry on Bradley's memory. All money raised will go to help lots of children who need treatment or medical equipment not funded by the NHS. We thank you for continued support.”

Written by Mark Metcalf, author of “CHARLIE HURLEY - “The Greatest Centre Half the World has Ever Seen.”

What happened to that Millwall lad we were supposed to be inviting up here as our guest of honour?

Sure I read something about it on here.
More details will follow on this. Roy has been given the full amount and has made reservations. He is coming up with 4 mates. Once I have more info I will ask the board for best pub suggestions to have a meet up with him pre match.
I have booked flights for the weekend up there for myself. So should be quite good fun. I hope that there are people wanting to be involved as my role was originally just collecting the money, I don't want to be left with 4 lairy millwall fans all weekend!.

And excellent stuff about Bradley! Well done Millwall, keeping that diamond shining so bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back