Millwall fans being very complimentary about us on one of their forums.

H

Heaven Up Here

An old work colleague from when I was living in Maidstone has just sent me a txt saying a thread has been posted, and which has very complimentary things to say about our promotion, the club in general, us as fans, and that they are glad we achieved promotion, and not "insignificant" Wycombe.

Also mentioning their liking for us over the great unwashed 12 miles up the road:lol:

Forum is called North Stand Banter.

An old work colleague from when I was living in Maidstone has just sent me a txt saying a thread has been posted, and which has very complimentary things to say about our promotion, the club in general, us as fans, and that they are glad we achieved promotion, and not "insignificant" Wycombe.

Also mentioning their liking for us over the great unwashed 12 miles up the road:lol:

Forum is called North Stand Banter.
Millwall lot are MLF. :cool:

Whilst it’s nice to be acknowledged by other sets of fans I’m not impressed by describing Wycombe as insignificant, they are a decent club.

Their word, not mine. Was just quoting a poster on the forum, and how they described them.

Its funny because I was randomly on Forest forum the other day and for some reason a lot of them wanted Sheff Wed then Wycombe to win.

Its funny because I was randomly on Forest forum the other day and for some reason a lot of them wanted Sheff Wed then Wycombe to win.

Probably because they love sucking the mags off. The arseholes.

Other than the obvious right wing, hooligan element I don't mind Millwall fans tbh, met some really good ones when watching England. And I know they hate each other but I've always had quite a bit of time for West ham fans as well. Generally both seem decent people in the main

Forest are friendly with the mags or they used to be.

I'm not holding my breath.

Me neither, but it's a lot quieter then it used to be.

Drinking round London Bridge, the covered walkway to the ground from the station, make it a little more pleasant. Just possibly the train journey back to London Bridge, when the carridges will be mixed with both sets of fans will be interesting.

To quote the lad who sent me the txt, " the older lot know the rules, and act accordingly. It's the 16-25-ish brigad you have to watch as they want to keep the reputation alive".

Why? Don't they remember the pitch invasion in 1974 that put them out of the FA Cup? I thought they'd hate the Mags generation-to-generation after that - bit like us with Coventry!
The 2 hooligan groups became friendly for some reason. I’m sure someone involved in those circles could expand more not sure if they got together in Ireland when it kicked off.

I was down Millwall in 1974 and it was pretty hairy before the game with Man Utd and during the game in The Den.

Last time we played them up here - they were great outside The Colliery where we had our Save South Tyneside Hospital Campaign petition and banner.
Many were actually Labour/Corbyn supporters.
The 2 hooligan groups became friendly for some reason. I’m sure someone involved in those circles could expand more not sure if they got together in Ireland when it kicked off.

Wasn't the trouble before the England game outside The Fort/Premiere Club Sunderland & Leeds v Mags & Forest?

20 years ago?

Last edited:

Back