Millennials and 'Raw Meat Anxiety'

L

Lexingtongue

Sainsbury's are launching touch-free packaging as millennials are apparently 'anxious' about touching raw meat. :lol: I despair for them, but to make matters worse, the eco-warriors are up in arms about the extra plastic needed for this packaging. I find the whole 'raw meat' think staggeringly ridiculous, personally. What is the world coming to? :lol:

Story link.

Absolutely f***ing ridiculous.

If you haven't got it in you to kill and butcher an animal you probably shouldn't eat meat. If you can't even touch raw meat with your hands without getting upset you should probably just give up now to be honest.

At a time when retailers are being encouraged to stop wastefully using plastic packaging unnecessarily I find it quite staggering they'd do something like this.

To be fair, millenialls didn’t create the current atmosphere of political correctness or health and safety gone mad - millennials at their oldest are early 30s.

Their parents created it and brought their kids up in it.
I'm a 33-year-old 'millennial' myself, but can't get my head around how many germophobes there are in my generation to make Sainsbury's consider something so utterly ridiculous. :lol:

At a time when retailers are being encouraged to stop wastefully using plastic packaging unnecessarily I find it quite staggering they'd do something like this.

That's my first thought. Beyond that, if I buy chicken breasts, I usually cut them up to stir fry them, rarely if ever cook them whole. Difficult to do without touching the meat.

To be fair, millenialls didn’t create the current atmosphere of political correctness or health and safety gone mad - millennials at their oldest are early 30s.

so true

Well I'm a millenial and I think raw meat is lush

You are right. The molly coddling by parents over the last 30 or 40 years is utterly ridiculous. Turned people into utter wet wipes.

Absolutely f***ing ridiculous.

If you haven't got it in you to kill and butcher an animal you probably shouldn't eat meat. If you can't even touch raw meat with your hands without getting upset you should probably just give up now to be honest.

this. if someone put me in a field and said here you go, you want it, you kill it, my response would be "what is my weapon of choice" :lol:

Back