1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Millennials and 'Raw Meat Anxiety'

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Lexingtongue, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

1. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

Sainsbury's are launching touch-free packaging as millennials are apparently 'anxious' about touching raw meat. :lol: I despair for them, but to make matters worse, the eco-warriors are up in arms about the extra plastic needed for this packaging. I find the whole 'raw meat' think staggeringly ridiculous, personally. What is the world coming to? :lol:

Story link.

2. BigPete

BigPete Winger

Bunch of fannies

Brian Griffin likes this.
  3. Screeching flanges :lol:

Skandhaless likes this.
  4. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Full Back

Absolutely fucking ridiculous.

If you haven't got it in you to kill and butcher an animal you probably shouldn't eat meat. If you can't even touch raw meat with your hands without getting upset you should probably just give up now to be honest.

At a time when retailers are being encouraged to stop wastefully using plastic packaging unnecessarily I find it quite staggering they'd do something like this.

TK-421, SYB_DC, Tadger and 6 others like this.
  5. Frijj

Frijj Striker

To be fair, millenialls didn’t create the current atmosphere of political correctness or health and safety gone mad - millennials at their oldest are early 30s.

Their parents created it and brought their kids up in it.

WhoAreYa73, TK-421, SYB_DC and 4 others like this.
  6. Lexingtongue

Lexingtongue Striker

I'm a 33-year-old 'millennial' myself, but can't get my head around how many germophobes there are in my generation to make Sainsbury's consider something so utterly ridiculous. :lol:

SeahamMackem, SYB_DC and Frijj like this.
  7. chriswallace85

chriswallace85 Striker

I'm not a fan of handling raw chicken but this is ridiculous.

Frijj likes this.
  8. Frijj

Frijj Striker

I’m a bit anal about touching chicken and that but I just wash my hands. I wouldn’t seek out touch free packaging.

Lexingtongue likes this.
  9. West_Winger

West_Winger Full Back

They don’t know they’re supposed to wash their hands after touching raw meat? Fucking hell.

LadyMuck likes this.
  10. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

That's my first thought. Beyond that, if I buy chicken breasts, I usually cut them up to stir fry them, rarely if ever cook them whole. Difficult to do without touching the meat.

11. [​IMG]

"I've been preparing myself to forgive you. I think it's time to release you from the légumes, and transfer your talents to the meat.

I can never touch raw meat until it's cooked. As a youth, I used to weep in butchers' shops."

12. Arkle

Arkle Striker Contributor

That's all it takes as well. Do what you want to with the chicken then wash your hands before touching anything much else.

West_Winger likes this.
  13. Aituk7

Aituk7 Midfield

so true

Well I'm a millenial and I think raw meat is lush

14. GK

GK Striker

It is a joke that they're using plastic mind. Its almost like we're learning absolutely nothing.

Frijj likes this.
  15. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

You are right. The molly coddling by parents over the last 30 or 40 years is utterly ridiculous. Turned people into utter wet wipes.

16. Bop

Bop Central Defender

Can people not just stick a bag over their hand to pick up the meat if they don't like it?

Skandhaless likes this.
  17. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Virgins

18. HABA87

HABA87 Midfield

Just lick your fingers after handling raw chicken to stop the spread to anything else.

Daydream Believer and Epping like this.
  19. nyron4england

nyron4england Winger

this. if someone put me in a field and said here you go, you want it, you kill it, my response would be "what is my weapon of choice" :lol:

20. AndyGray1985

AndyGray1985 Midfield

I love a steak tartare

Howard the Duck and Lambchops like this.