Mill View Social Club

Sad acts sat in that committee room for hours on end while everyone else is at work, thinking what they can busy themselves with.

A few big signs and renewed give way paint on the road , would have done the job. The definition of being busy c unts.
How would this play out if someone was to get hurt on their land ? Would the clerb be held liable if they knew that there was an issue and didn’t act to stop it?

I knew an "old" Walter Veti in the early 90's - he must have been in his 70's then.
"Walter the younger" that "ran" windmills and Mowbray mostly drinks in Boldon now and has for last few years as he lives that way. He was a regular at Sleepers and supposedly helped Neil with cashflow and sell up.

I don't think he owns the land the club and the Blue Bell is on, but does own the land the supermarket is on. I think that's why the Blue Bell kicked off and installed parking ticket machine a few years ago when he was gonna lease the Windmills building to Wetherspoons.
The land is owned by the pub

Do they still have a million in the bank..i'm not a member now but I know about 5 - 6 years ago they operated at a loss for a couple of years..don't know if that's still happening?

Wasn't someone dipping their fingers in the till or summat?

I'm only going off the Fulwell jungle telegraph mind.

Wasn't someone dipping their fingers in the till or summat?

I'm only going off the Fulwell jungle telegraph mind.

I get a lot of my info from there anarl :lol:..there's been all sorts of 'rumours' over the years..they blamed the loss one year on the late number 19 bus being taken off so punters were leaving early..i remember a couple of barmaids being sacked for stealing and there was someone dipping in the till big style a while ago but i'm a bit hazy on it.

You can’t park in front of Sainsburys at all now , clubs permanent bollards at one end and movable cones at the other end.

Stops any nuggets parking in front then reversing out and killing innocent folk , so all is good now.

Back