Migraines

I get them about once a week or so. It was once a month but it seems to have increased lately, not sure what causes it.

Usually get a crushing pain behind the eye and side of head. Sometimes makes my speech slur slightly. No vision issues just sensitivity to light. It's a bastard if it comes on during work time.

Had one actually night before last, woke up around 2am terrible pain mainly to one side of my head, intense ache/sharp burning pain behind my left eye, naturally being tired I managed to drift in/out of sleep but started thinking I'm going blind in one eye or something :confused: I don't get these migraines too often, maybe a couple of times a year? I had a drink before bed plus the bastard heating was on full wack when I woke up suffering, thought I might have been dehydrated and that triggered it? - interesting read seeing others suffer.

Sounds like what we CH sufferers call an "alarm clock headache".

Funny thing in my younger years a puff of the old green used to abort 9 out of 10 of then.

I’ve heard about oxygen being good.

The wife suffers terribly from Basilar migraine. It really debilitates her at times causing vomiting and if it's an extreme one, double vision which can go on for weeks.

Changing my diet and cutting out lactose and similar helped a lot. They aren't anywhere near as frequent now, although I'm still sensitive to lights and stuff,that can bring it back for me.

Had 5 in the past 2 weeks. Normally only get them once a month. The pain had been unbelievable recently.

I feel your pain fella.... When I was full time I used to get a lot in the late spring which was due to the sun rising early. They would go in a few hours so I’d get into work late. Nearly cost me my job.

I’m self employed now which has postives and negatives.

I do mainly night shifts where all the people I care for sleep all throughout the night so it's not too bad work wise. just at home I have a routine that helps with them. Posted it on another migraine thread recently. I take pain killers. Then lie in the bath for an hour whilst drinking tons of water. Then if it's still not gone I stick my fingers down my throat then repeat.

Had then for 25 years now.

Suffered for years. Doctor gave me sumatriptan tablets So far so good. Take one at first sign of one starting and another if that doesn't work.

I couldn't get on with them at all, I think those were the ones that hit me like Horse tranquilisers, id wake up 20 minutes later with the pain still there.

Had one today. Aura about 10am, and cloudy, slightly detached feeling all day. Thankfully not monster headache though.

A lot of people who’ve never experienced Migraines often don’t have any concept of how serious it is. It can really grate when someone thinks you’ve got “just a headache” and/or non-migraine sufferers call their headache a migraine. It’s a migraine when you think you’ve got a brain tumour and lost your sight, and when even moving makes you spew your guts up at the sheer f***ing mind-spanking exploding agony that feels like someone has planted a land mine in your brain and then stood on the fucker.

It’s comparable to people thinking a cold and the flu are the same thing, when a cold is shitty and you should get some bed rest if you can but you will probably manage if you have to take some Lemsip and carry on, whereas the flu might f***ing kill someone. Or when someone thinking a sprained ankle is the same as a slightly jarred ankle.

I’m immeasurably lucky and grateful that I grew out of them in my teens.

Quite often get stomach issues after migraines. Today feels like someone had pumped me up with a foot pump. It's really uncomfortable .

A lot of people who’ve never experienced Migraines often don’t have any concept of how serious it is. It can really grate when someone thinks you’ve got “just a headache” and/or non-migraine sufferers call their headache a migraine. It’s a migraine when you think you’ve got a brain tumour and lost your sight, and when even moving makes you spew your guts up at the sheer f***ing mind-spanking exploding agony that feels like someone has planted a land mine in your brain and then stood on the fucker.

A couple years ago I got a bit pissed off with a bloke at work, who said the “it’s just a headache” line.

I had just returned to work after being off a couple of days because of an attack, my tolerance level was a bit low, I was tired and very hungry (never have understood how I’m always really hungry following a migraine), so when he said I just went off it with him.

At one point I said “tell you what mate, put your nuts in a vice, we will then close it slowly until it’s a bit painful, and leave it like that for a good few hours then you might have some clue about migraine discomfort.”

He just looked at me as if I’d gone a bit mad.... I might have done tbh.

A couple years ago I got a bit pissed off with a bloke at work, who said the “it’s just a headache” line.

I had just returned to work after being off a couple of days because of an attack, my tolerance level was a bit low, I was tired and very hungry (never have understood how I’m always really hungry following a migraine), so when he said I just went off it with him.

At one point I said “tell you what mate, put your nuts in a vice, we will then close it slowly until it’s a bit painful, and leave it like that for a good few hours then you might have some clue about migraine discomfort.”

He just looked at me as if I’d gone a bit mad.... I might have done tbh.

I had the exact same issue when I was full time. Boss who was normally sound kept saying the same.

Problem was I used to get them for a few hours usually early morning so I’d try and make it into work for midday ish.

He tried to get me sacked.

Back