Migraines

Any way to avoid? Had one start just before I went to bed last night, had trouble reading text then the flashy zigzag shit at the side of my vision, so thought "here we go, best go to bed before thumping headache starts", woke up the next morning and fealt like i'd been punched in the back of the head.

Any way to avoid? Had one start just before I went to bed last night, had trouble reading text then the flashy zigzag shit at the side of my vision, so thought "here we go, best go to bed before thumping headache starts", woke up the next morning and fealt like i'd been punched in the back of the head.
Horrible things. Knock me senseless for days. Last bout I had I went to the dr & he prescribed some beta blockers (propranolol). So far so good...

I’ve had flashing horseshoe shaped zigzag lights in my head for ages. They were never accompanied by pain and I didn’t really think anything of it until it got worse after a series of eye surgery - or maybe I just noticed more. Mentioned it to the surgeon and they told me it was a firm of migraine. I know now that if it comes in I need to chill and de stress a bit coz concentration or anxiety makes it worse. I’m just very very thankful I don’t get the debilitating headaches that others get.

I feel for you.

Sorry. I know that’s no help at all.

Had one once and thought that was it, the end. Terrible things, probably chemical imbalance . Plenty of water should help abit

Work out what could be your trigger

Is it stress related
Is it food related
Is it drink related
Is it environmental

Food - there are quite a number of migraine triggers: eggs, cheese, chocolate, oranges are just some that can cause mine. Caffeine,

Drink - red wine can be known to trigger attacks

Environmental - lack of ventilation, room either too warm or too cold, powerful lights, change in weather can also trigger, etc.

I get them regular, don’t hurt as such justvtye vision starts to get blurred then the flashy zig zag lines, then a dull headache for a few hours after. Mine are caused by caffeine mostly but certain colour temperature lights bring them on sometimes.

Have got them since I was 3. Normally get one once a month. Been to doctors but the pain killers didn't do owt. when i wake up with one I normally have 2 paracetamol and 2 iboprufen and drink loads of water. Have stopped smoking but having a tab used to ease the pain for the time in was actually smoking. Then after water/tablets/smoke i get in the bath. The heat seems to help. Spend about 40 minutes in there and of I still don't feel better i stick my fingers down my throat to make myself sick. Then go back to bed.

This routine has worked around 75% of the time for me. Years of getting them and it's been the most successful for es.

i’ve been getting them since i was at junior school i’m 32 now, anyone get numbness and weakness down one side of the body like hands, legs and even speech. sometimes that starts first before i get the actual headache.

i’ve been getting them since i was at junior school i’m 32 now, anyone get numbness and weakness down one side of the body like hands, legs and even speech. sometimes that starts first before i get the actual headache.

Sounds more stroke related than migraine, have you seen a doc?

it’s called hemiplegic migraine you get a stroke like symptoms, i don’t get them as often now maybe twice a year but it wipes you out for a couple days. it’s not food or drink for me it’s more environmental certain lighting, cars headlights and stress as well.

Used to get them a lot years ago, seemed to be sugar related for me. All the sparkly vision stuff started and i'd slam a couple of mars bars down me as fast as i could. Still used to get them until i stopped smoking about six years ago. Had it once since i think!

I was talking to a mate on Tuesday about this very thing.

He gets migraines, no pain but he gets the exact symptoms you describe and it’s called a hemiplegic migraine. He has tablets from the doc that stop the migraine when he knows it’s coming.

my sister gets them worse than me and she got some tablets to take soon as it starts and they sometimes stop them before it takes hold. They come on all of a sudden as well i’ve got to get to bed soon as possible and try and sleep through it.

Back