Middlesbrough's Ben Gibson called up by England...

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've been linked with Keane for a while now but I wouldn't mind us taking a look at Gibson aswell in the summer- could be Another Jagielka + Lescott partnership.

Mind his name alone still sends shivers down my spine :lol:

He's been tremendous this season. Considering he's had to play alongside 5 different players as our other centre back he's done really well.
We are resigned to losing him if /when we go down.

He is a very good player. Great awareness and vision. Mind having two heeds helps! ;)

Boro fans rate him to tedium. I've seen him a few times live w/o noticing him, except that he is not exceptional for speed, presence, distribution, so that only leaves covering and reading the game which I am undecided about. Composure which was quite good but not outstanding.

Burnley & Boro lads being given chances to play in an England team. Radical indeed. Almost makes you think Southgate has looked at Englands best tournaments and realised we do best when players are picked on merit rather than reputation.

Boro fans rate him to tedium. I've seen him a few times live w/o noticing him, except that he is not exceptional for speed, presence, distribution, so that only leaves covering and reading the game which I am undecided about. Composure which was quite good but not outstanding.
When your team is going to hell on a handcart fans will look for brightspots.
Boro have gibson and we have pickford.
Their fans dont hold the mortgage on tedium.

I like how southgate is giving a lot of youngins a chance in the national team

Its about time we had 'change' implemented, as the current lot havent excelled at tournament level

Burnley & Boro lads being given chances to play in an England team. Radical indeed. Almost makes you think Southgate has looked at Englands best tournaments and realised we do best when players are picked on merit rather than reputation.
Promising start by Southgate, mind there are a lot of injuries. Let's see what he does when the pressures on.

Its funny, people moan when players from big clubs are called up then moan when young players from smaller clubs are called up. You'd think people just like moaning about England for the sake of it or something.

And if not Gibson then who? There's best to no English centre backs playing regularly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back