Middlesbrough v Norwich City Kick Off 7.45pm Sky Sports Red Button

I don’t think it’s likely, but to be fair, it’s still doable from where the two of us are if you consider last season. At the start of our unbeaten run for the last nine, we were 12th and eight adrift. Despite only winning four of those nine, we got ourselves into sixth. If Boro win their game in hand they’ll be seven adrift with ten to play.

It’s far more likely that one of the teams around where we are will put a run together to sneak sixth place than that any of us will go down regardless of the doom and gloom you have been seeing on here.
I'd bet my bottom dollar it sure as hell won't be us

According to BBC Look North after tonights win Boro are keeping their promotion hopes "alive " . ??
It’s a slim chance but if we win our game In hand next week and beat qpr Saturday and we would be 4-7 points off the plays offs depending on hulls result

Can't see us getting near play offs personally. We are way too inconsistent and frankly not good enough. Hope we finish season strong so we go into summer and next season with some positivity.

According to BBC Look North after tonights win Boro are keeping their promotion hopes "alive " . ??

Pathetic

We will finish pretty much where we are now. The last handful of games sum up our season - Beat Leicester and Norwich, lost to Plymouth and Stoke. We have taken 6 points off Leicester this season and 1 point off Rotherham.

Very inconsistent on a weekly basis. No chance of us putting a run together to get even close to the top 6.

Absolutely no chance of us getting in the play offs whatever the numbers might say.

This season has been destroyed by injuries for us and I'm just relieved we got a break last night and got the 3 points to stop us being dragged any further into the relegation fight.

Get your money us to win at QPR though - I'm not going so that should guarantee 3 points and then we'll get battered again at Southampton when I'm next at an away.

Not a chance in hell. We were totally second best before the sending off. We have been terrible at home. Hopefully winning tonight might give them a bit more confidence.
What’s the general Boro view on Carrick? Future great head coach or another famous name who can’t quite cut it?

What’s the general Boro view on Carrick? Future great head coach or another famous name who can’t quite cut it?

Still fairly positive.

Like a lot of managers, his stubbornness can be a little frustrating, particularly around some of the player selections and continuous passing out from the back but who isnt doing that. Having said that, when it clicks, its good to watch but we just don't have the players/squad to do it often enough.

He lost 60 odd goals from the team that got to the play offs last season and the recruitment this season has been poor. How much involvement he had i don't know.

He carries himself well and i do think he will go on to be a very good manager, i hope so anyway.

Just seen the red, it's very soft, but the player knew what he was doing. It wasn't a kick out as such, but he certainly pushed his leg against the boro players. One of the you hate to see your player do as you give the ref a decision to make

Not a chance in hell. We were totally second best before the sending off. We have been terrible at home. Hopefully winning tonight might give them a bit more confidence.
You even drew with us at home :lol:

Like you say, finish the season well & some decent recruitment and a promotion push is a real possibility

I think it's still positive for most fans.

This season has been difficult mainly because of injuries (we've never had anything close to a full strength side out for the entire season) and until the last month we were in touch with the play offs so Carrick gets credit there .On the negative side it's been obvious at times that we've had square pegs in round holes because MC wants to play a consistent system when many would say we'd have been better off changing it to suit the players we had available.

I think next season is the one when we'll really find out whether he has it in him to be a top class manager or just an average championship one. Depending on what happens transfer wise in the summer of course.

Back