Middle seat plane etiquette

Recently returned from USA, middle seat both ways, on neither journey did the person on the aisle get up, not even for a lash. Bloody camels, they were okay when I asked to be let out but it's crap when you feel constrained, middle seat on long haul is shit!

Spent roughly 21 hours on planes last week, and roughly 21 hours on them a few weeks before. I was middle seat on all planes, had the armrests up the majority of the time. Hope this helps.

I flew Ryanair from Porto to Stansted about this time last year - I was in the row behind the emergency exits - but no one had paid extra for them. I was asked if I would mind sitting one row forward (possibly the easiest travel related question I have ever had) - got the whole row to myself! It was quite a busy flight as well.

Upon sitting down say to people either side of you something like “oh, this reminds me of a three way sex sandwich, with lucky old me in the middle again” ............................ you’ll get both armrests, no worries

I needed a piss and was in a window seat, the wife was in the middle, some bloke was in the aisle seat I asked her to wake him so I could get out. She kept saying that he was asleep, she wouldn’t have thought twice about waking me up.

On a plane now. Due to not booking Ryanair's priority boarding they threatened me at the time of booking that I may end up with a middle seat. Lo and behold I did. I can confirm that the woman next to me at the window seat does not follow the etiquette set out in this thread. Luckily the aisle seat is free so I took that.

Flying to Edinburgh today with Ryanair for Christmas with my Dad
Lass was supposed to come but her mum is just getting out of hospital today after breaking her hip in November - so she is stopping in Italy
You can't cancel Ryanair flights So I have the choice of Middle (hers) or Aisle (Mine) - may do middle for a bit then the aisle after my coffee- depends how fit the window lass is :p

Back