Microwave Ovens

I’ve grown fond of cold curry.

If I’ve made it myself, then it’s cooked once so okay to re-heat. Can’t be certain from a takeaway, so don’t risk it.
I’ve known of one person who turned up for Saturday overtime with leftover curry from Friday night. He didn’t fancy it so through it in the bin. Fast forward to a Monday morning hangover and he got it out of the bin and ate it. I must stress, this certainly wasn’t me.

All ready meals are already cooked then you reheat them in the oven or microwave.

I've reheated chicken curries for 20 odd years and never been bad.

I’m not on about that though. I’m on about re heating for a second time.
Cook once, allow to cool then re-heat is fine. Allowing meat to cool for a second time and re-heat again is not advised.

Because it usually goes scabby type of to eaten at tine.
I put it in those plastic takeaway cartons put the lid on snapped down in 3 corners and open in the other, heat for 20 seconds then stand for 20, do that 4 times and it stays lovely and moist, doesn't dry or go scabby

Don’t microwave food at all, big no no for me.

Don't trust them And they destroy the taste texture of foods anyways. Can re heat most things in a pre warmed oven.

I’m not on about that though. I’m on about re heating for a second time.
Cook once, allow to cool then re-heat is fine. Allowing meat to cool for a second time and re-heat again is not advised.
But all takeaway curries the chicken will be pre cooked, then heated through in the sauce before delivery. Reheat the next day, agree it's probably not advised but virtually everyone I know does it and are never bad.

I never had one until owa lass moved in, as she twisted that we 'needed' one

I think it's only used for jacket potatoes as they take ages in the oven

Morning all,

Been quite a bit discussion at work this week about the need or want of a microwave.It was prompted by the tiler who was working at mine raking about for a microwave and was shocked when told we didn’t have one.
I’m guessing most on here have a one and will be quite happy to tell me what I’m missing but I’ve yet to hear an argument for one.Some of the uses spouted are;

warm beans up(no need when you have a pan and a 7 burner hob)

Make porridge in (only P.O.W eat porridge)

Warm stuff up previously cooked(lazy and doesn’t taste right at all,Sunday dinners being the worst thing I’ve ever tasted warmed up)

Make a cup of coffee (WTF?)

The lads of all ages jumping to the defence of microwaved meals etc had one thing in common;their wives lived on Facebook.

I’m a traditionalist at heart and a bit of a romantic and expect things to be done in the correct manner,warming gear up in the microwave is one of the most brutal things I’ve ever tasted.I won’t have one in the house.
I reckon it’s quicker to cook beans on the hob than the microwave anyway.
How else am I meant to cook my Rustlers borgas?
Lad at work cleared the shelves at the coop when the Rustlers were at 50p and going out of date. He brought them to work and we all loved them. Can’t be the best for you but we’re alright

Last edited:

Back