Microwave Ovens

Ive just asked her ;

strong white flower(whatever the fuck that is)
Yeast
Olive oil
Salt
Warm Water
Let it stand for about an hr.

she said is a doddle to mak
Ya making bread dough not cake so strong flour more gluten
Depending how big/ thick you want it 150 - 180 grams flour 00 Tipo flour is best as it’s a finer grind
Yeast 7 grams fast action
Oil tablespoon
Salt good pinch
Warm water

Yeast and pinch of sugar in bowl add warm water leave for 10 mins

Add salt to flour
Add oil to flour
Mix
Add watery yeast
Add more water
Can’t say how much depends on atmospheric conditions type of flour but go carefully and add water slowly mix well
Floured surface bring dough together
Knead for 10 mins to develop gluten
Put in a warm not hot space with bowl covered with cling

Remove when doubled in size
Italians and pizza chefs don’t use rolling pins
Massage dough keeping external crust intact
Many methods - holding it vertically and let dough stretch
Dangle over side of bench
Once you have shape add tomato sauce and mozzarella

NOTHING ELSE!

ok a little basil and olive oil

Cook in hottest oven setting

Pour wine

Gracie Mille

Last edited:
Morning all,

Been quite a bit discussion at work this week about the need or want of a microwave.It was prompted by the tiler who was working at mine raking about for a microwave and was shocked when told we didn’t have one.
I’m guessing most on here have a one and will be quite happy to tell me what I’m missing but I’ve yet to hear an argument for one.Some of the uses spouted are;

warm beans up(no need when you have a pan and a 7 burner hob)

Make porridge in (only P.O.W eat porridge)

Warm stuff up previously cooked(lazy and doesn’t taste right at all,Sunday dinners being the worst thing I’ve ever tasted warmed up)

Make a cup of coffee (WTF?)

The lads of all ages jumping to the defence of microwaved meals etc had one thing in common;their wives lived on Facebook.

I’m a traditionalist at heart and a bit of a romantic and expect things to be done in the correct manner,warming gear up in the microwave is one of the most brutal things I’ve ever tasted.I won’t have one in the house.
Chucked our old one out when we were packing up the house prior to the move. We agreed that if we didn't feel the need for one in the 1st 6 weeks of the the new house we wouldn't get one. 19 months later, no microwave.

I can't believe that nee one has pointed out that if you are short of a clean pair of kecks stick your dorty pair in the microwave for two minutes on full blast.

It kills 99% of household germs and refreshes the parts that you can't reach.

NB. Allow your kecks to cool down to a reasonable temperature before making any attempt to put them back on.

NB NB Lasses' fancy one's might combust so nivver leave your kecks in a microwave unattended

I’m planning to build one of these in the next year or two.

Logon or register to see this image

Pizza oven, tandoor, Korean grill and either a fire pit in the seating area or a more traditional fireplace with a stack.

On the lookout for three reclaimed truss sections.
I’m hoping to build an outdoor kitchen if I have the space when we move. Been looking on instructables at tandoors, quite easy to make. Look on gumtree for people selling granite worktops, save a fortune and look class.

I can't believe that nee one has pointed out that if you are short of a clean pair of kecks stick your dorty pair in the microwave for two minutes on full blast.

It kills 99% of household germs and refreshes the parts that you can't reach.

NB. Allow your kecks to cool down to a reasonable temperature before making any attempt to put them back on.

NB NB Lasses' fancy one's might combust so nivver leave your kecks in a microwave unattended
Not exactly the same but onwards from Post 47

Back