Microwave Ovens

I use the clothes horse method, works well except there’s a room somewhere in the house with the clutter. In my case it’s the kitchen (just the other side of the kitchen island).

I hate the clutter.

I looked at Pintrest for some inspiration and it came up trumps. Build / install a cupboard around a radiator and you can hang your stuff in there. I’m going to do this. Works the same as an airing cupboard obvs but seemed a good idea.
Ours gets to dry in the garage with the doors open and on a Clays horse in the boiler room.

This is where you went wrong, distributing heat centrifugally :lol: :lol: :lol:

the fan in an over is a centrifugal fan 🤦🏼‍♂️ which means the process of heat transfer originates from the centre and stretches out.

The process of cooking is convection heat.
Learn to use the power settings on the microwave. Do you cook everything in the oven at gas mark 9?

No but that’s just like saying I don’t have to take things out The oven to be stirred and plastic lids to go on and off.
What are you like, some kind of food physicist? Ok, but none of that explains why it’s bad though. They move around, aye, doesn’t mean they’re destroying anything in the process. Molecules bumping about don’t just tear other molecules apart do they? Or do they? I did this at A level but it was a long time ago. I just googled it though and can’t find a source.

Im the same as you! I studied similar to this at university. Molecular behaviour as I understand is based on the density and water content when relating to food I believe. Il have a dog about as I only got out of hospital this morning 😂

Last edited:
the fan in an over is a centrifugal fan 🤦🏼‍♂️ which means the process of heat transfer originates from the centre and stretches out.

No but that’s just like saying I don’t have to take things out The oven to be stirred and plastic lids to go on and off.

Im the same as you! I studied similar to this at university. Molecular behaviour as I understand is based on the density and water content when relating to food I believe. Il have a dog about as I only got out of hospital this morning 😂
We’ll let you off. 😂

Wishing you well

For a mans man the OP doesn’t half come across as a sopping minge. Imagine getting het up over microwaves and worse still dedicating a workplace debate to them.

Nice drop in off the 7 ring hob mind, handy if you ever want to setup a soup kitchen

For a mans man the OP doesn’t half come across as a sopping minge. Imagine getting het up over microwaves and worse still dedicating a workplace debate to them.

Nice drop in off the 7 ring hob mind, handy if you ever want to setup a soup kitchen

He is on a massive piss take man. He drops in certain aspirational words or phrases and lots bite. It’s great to watch from afar.

The fan merely moves the air about to even out the temperature throughout the oven cavity, the heat source remains the oven elements, which are typically in the side. That is where convection comes in.
They give off heat via radiation in the IR spectrum mostly, which in turn imparts energy the outer surface of the food, which then heats the rest of the meal via conduction (the movement of heat through a solid)

A microwave works by radiation using a longer wavelength which is able to penetrate the item being heated and stimulates water molecules - again the heating is limited by water content and amount of conduction - hence why you need to spread things out or you still get a cold middle.

Back