Microsoft flight simulator

Set off from Shotton Airfield to NCL, took a detour over the SOL. Came in too hot so wasn't cleared for landing, whipped it round to try again but lost too much speed and ended up hitting the deck just off the runway and flipping the plane haha. Can't see me playing the game for long but it's pretty cool to just set off and pretty much see anywhere in the world.

North east look detailed? Apparently you can download the England map pack which has more detail.
You can and it'll add more landmarks to the NE but although it looks detailed, particularly at regular heights, it still needs more work (SoL is almost flat for example).

How did you map them?

Are you able to do a screenshot of your mapping and post it? Dunno if that will be of any use like :D
I just copied roughly what this bloke did and just selected the buttons that felt right to me.

I’ve been on it about 6 hours today and between the Hotas One (which still isn’t mapped perfectly), a Bluetooth mouse and the controller it felt quite successful. I don’t think it’s possible to play it without a mouse to select the instruments in the cockpit. For instance, if you try to fly the A320 you need to flick a switch that isn’t assigned anywhere and the only way I could do it was to literally point the mouse at it and click.

I flew from Newcastle to Rues in the A320 and after I’d spent 1hr 27 minutes getting as far as southern France the game decided to crash. I ended up just doing Ibiza to Reus and got a damn near perfect landing after a go around.

I just copied roughly what this bloke did and just selected the buttons that felt right to me.

I’ve been on it about 6 hours today and between the Hotas One (which still isn’t mapped perfectly), a Bluetooth mouse and the controller it felt quite successful. I don’t think it’s possible to play it without a mouse to select the instruments in the cockpit. For instance, if you try to fly the A320 you need to flick a switch that isn’t assigned anywhere and the only way I could do it was to literally point the mouse at it and click.

I flew from Newcastle to Rues in the A320 and after I’d spent 1hr 27 minutes getting as far as southern France the game decided to crash. I ended up just doing Ibiza to Reus and got a damn near perfect landing after a go around.
You on the xbox?

@Lester1979. I was expecting towns and villages to be quite detailed however it's just standard/basic block housing, I didn't recognise anywhere local apart from footy grounds, is there an option to increase detail do you know?

@Lester1979. I was expecting towns and villages to be quite detailed however it's just standard/basic block housing, I didn't recognise anywhere local apart from footy grounds, is there an option to increase detail do you know?
Not to my knowledge. I was able to find my house (which was just a boxy representation) and recognise the road systems of places I’ve visited. The main places that have been specifically mapped in detail are just the landmarks so far.

Back