Microsoft flight simulator

Still not got this joystick working correctly.

Anyway completed my first flight tonight from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, even successfully landed, bit bumpy like, anyway taxied to where I was meant to be, turned engines off and nowt happened, objective just stayed on the screen? Whats the crack there?

Still not got this joystick working correctly.

Anyway completed my first flight tonight from Aberdeen to Edinburgh, even successfully landed, bit bumpy like, anyway taxied to where I was meant to be, turned engines off and nowt happened, objective just stayed on the screen? Whats the crack there?
I had the same problem and had to taxi back out to the same runway I’d landed on for it to update.

Took off from Sunderland NW and after heading out to the coast I flew straight up the river before deliberately ploughing my Cessna straight into the landfill.

Note to any special services watching in. I’d never do that in real life if I were ever to be in control of an aircraft.

I have a saitek x52 pro flight stick. Before I download the game and plug in, anyone know if this will work on the Xbox series x? I have a pc which I need to upgrade and it’s not good enough for this game.

Last edited:
I have a saitek x52 pro flight stick. Before I download the game and plug in, anyone know if this will work on the Xbox series x? I have a pc which I need to upgrade and it’s not good enough for this game.
Don't think so mate. Apparently there are new controllers incoming so you might want to wait. I'm playing it on the series s and the standard controller works fine although a flight stick would no doubt add further realism and something i'll no doubt look at getting soon.

Don't think so mate. Apparently there are new controllers incoming so you might want to wait. I'm playing it on the series s and the standard controller works fine although a flight stick would no doubt add further realism and something i'll no doubt look at getting soon.
What is it like graphically on the series s? Got a ps5 and tempted to get an s for flight sim

Cheers

Graphically it is very good on the Series X, not sure about the S with it being less powerful tho!
I got a Series S pretty much for flight simulator and the Game Pass which I’m finding excellent value.
The difference between the X and the S is barely noticeable. Admittedly, I’m not Digital Foundry but to the naked eye it’s pretty much indistinguishable.

I got a Series S pretty much for flight simulator and the Game Pass which I’m finding excellent value.
The difference between the X and the S is barely noticeable. Admittedly, I’m not Digital Foundry but to the naked eye it’s pretty much indistinguishable.
Cool thanks for that, just got to get it past the wife now

Cool thanks for that, just got to get it past the wife now
I’m in the same boat as you in that the PS5 is my main console but for £250 you can’t be robbed for a series s to compliment it, especially with the game pass.
Top tip if you manage to get it past the missus. The series s has a pretty limited storage capacity of around 365gb once you account for various system software. Flight simulator is 102gb if you download the lot. If you’re internet connection is decent just download the digital file which is 42gb which will have your s downloading data when it’s required as opposed to clogging up the ssd.

I’m in the same boat as you in that the PS5 is my main console but for £250 you can’t be robbed for a series s to compliment it, especially with the game pass.
Top tip if you manage to get it past the missus. The series s has a pretty limited storage capacity of around 365gb once you account for various system software. Flight simulator is 102gb if you download the lot. If you’re internet connection is decent just download the digital file which is 42gb which will have your s downloading data when it’s required as opposed to clogging up the ssd.
Cheers thanks for that

On the training on the landing challenges the third aircraft to land is the 747 sometimes the undercarriage does not deploy and other times when Im on my. Way to get a perfect landing it's starts shouting undercarriage not deployed when it is then makes out youv crashed due to undercarriage incorrectly deployed when it is? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.
It's a good game btw

On the training on the landing challenges the third aircraft to land is the 747 sometimes the undercarriage does not deploy and other times when Im on my. Way to get a perfect landing it's starts shouting undercarriage not deployed when it is then makes out youv crashed due to undercarriage incorrectly deployed when it is? Any ideas what I'm doing wrong.
It's a good game btw
Apparently that can happen occasionally, quitting out and restarting the game can sometimes fix it but it's a known issue.

That makes the S a cracking deal then tbh!

I had another blast of Flight Sim today, played it for a while, starting to actually like it!

Buggy as hell this like.

Keeps on crashing and going back to the Xbox dashboard, still no fix for the Hotas 1 flight stick either.

When I do manage to land, can't seem to get the flight to end, keep on getting to the final destination, prompts are telling me to switch engine off, do this and nothing happens?

I guess it will take time to fix all the faults I suppose, it is a great game, nowt better than flying around random places

Took off from Sunderland NW and after heading out to the coast I flew straight up the river before deliberately ploughing my Cessna straight into the landfill.

Note to any special services watching in. I’d never do that in real life if I were ever to be in control of an aircraft.
:lol: I've not played on Flight Simulator for over 20 years but it's nice to see gameplay hasn't changed much.

Back