Microsoft are buying Activision blizzard

Listening to Phil right now he does want to invest into some studios, but I didn't realise how big their catalogue of games is now - Phil specifically mentioned bringing back Guitar Hero, at first I thought "That's not a Blizzard game?"

Then I look and see Vicarious Visions made Guitar Hero 3, who were bought out by Blizzard only last year to remaster Diablo after they did Crash Bandicoot independently, so it's indeed a Blizzard game which they now have the IP to.
They got loads of old IPs that Activision/Blizzard just let slip, hopefully we can see some revived. Project Gotham Racing, Pitfall, Tony Hawk's, Soldier of Fortune, King's Quest, etc

The more content hits Xbox game pass the less people will be willing to pay for games not included in it. It devalues everything else on the market and the more the others struggle for sales the more Microsoft will buy them out. It’s a long game.

It’s a service that will only get stronger and bigger. PlayStation and Steam are knackered long term in my opinion.

Sony buying bungie . Doesn’t seem as massive a thing as activision or zenimax but might be cos I’m not really into any bungie games

Gonna get to the point soon where everyone just buys everyone up

Bungie have the IP to Halo so it's pretty massive haha.

"You can have Spyro the Dragon, I'll take Halo"

On a more serious note, I think the days of exclusivity are well and truly over now. There's like Forza and Gran Turismo that's about it nowadays?

On a more serious note, I think the days of exclusivity are well and truly over now. There's like Forza and Gran Turismo that's about it nowadays?
microsoft owns it now

It’s343 who do halo now I think

Would be great if all the games were available on both ps and Xbox and give people the choice what they wanna play on

Microsoft own the Halo IP

Back