Micorsoft shutting down Mixer

__howdy__

Striker
I have zero interest in watching other gamers online, but I know it's very popular.

Does this mean that Mixer was just a failing competitor to Twitch, or is there another reason Microsoft would move out of that market?

They’re teaming up with Facebook gaming apparently. Whatever the fuck that is.

But yes it was a massive failure, especially after they paid tens of millions to a few young lads to move from Twitch.

They paid millions to sign some big streamers but received 0 growth from it. They still had the same number of viewers pretty much as they had before they signed them, but all that happened was viewers they already had switched from watching existing mixer streamers to the new big money ones.

There has also been some #meetoo controversy where streamers from various platforms and people from the game industry have come out with allegations against various people, some of the allegations involved mixed and after that gained traction a couple of days later this was announced. Not sure if it was just coincidental timing or if they were related.

Its been a weird month for streaming with Dr Disrespect being banned, the allegations and then yesterday unrelated to the #meetoo stuff one of the first streamers to make it big on twitch ended his life :(

The crazy thing about the mixer stuff is they apparently gave that ninja guy a $30 million contract to stream there for 3 years, apparently that will be paid in full early, and they will also receive an early cancellation fee.

Last edited:
Its been a weird month for streaming with Dr Disrespect being banned, the allegations and then yesterday unrelated to the #meetoo stuff one of the first streamers to make it big on twitch ended his life

I reckon the Dr D stuff is #metoo related you know. It’s timing was pretty spot on with it. I reckon someone has complained to twitch directly and they’ve taken the call to ban him. It’s not been taking lightly either as he’ll have earned them an absolute fortune.

They’re teaming up with Facebook gaming apparently. Whatever the fuck that is.
If you click on a FB video you can scroll through loads of videos.

The likes of Facebook and Google probably have a better idea of what I like than the Mrs.

With its user base FB gaming has massive potential to hook in viewers imo.
They paid millions to sign some big streamers but received 0 growth from it. They still had the same number of viewers pretty much as they had before they signed them, but all that happened was viewers they already had switched from watching existing mixer streamers to the new big money ones.

There has also been some #meetoo controversy where streamers from various platforms and people from the game industry have come out with allegations against various people, some of the allegations involved mixed and after that gained traction a couple of days later this was announced. Not sure if it was just coincidental timing or if they were related.

Its been a weird month for streaming with Dr Disrespect being banned, the allegations and then yesterday unrelated to the #meetoo stuff one of the first streamers to make it big on twitch ended his life :(

The crazy thing about the mixer stuff is they apparently gave that ninja guy a $30 million contract to stream there for 3 years, apparently that will be paid in full early, and they will also receive an early cancellation fee.
It's crackers, during a pandemic where everyone is sat at home the usage went up something like 0.2%, which is statistically fuck all.

Noticed Angry Joe got #MeToo'd, just read like the las didn't bother to tell him she had a boyfriend and it wasn't happening to me tbh.

Last edited:
allot of it was BS and attention seeking, fair few of the accusations have been proven false and retracted.

But some of it like that guy who raped the lass in newcastle was pretty fkd up, he should have been locked up a long time ago but has been let off over and over.

Back