Mick Buckley. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick used to get in the cottage pub in Cleadon and was always up for a bit craic and a laugh.
One new years eve we covered him in that spray string stuff when he was on his way back from the bogs, he thought it was quite funny and sat with us for about an hour having a laugh and a .
few beers

A good guy
RIP

r.i.p. a very tidy player from what little i saw of mick sure i remember him bursting the net with a low drive roker end night game v man ure in a 2-0 win

Sad loss - one of those players etched in my memory from the days I first went to Roker on my own. RIP - thanks for the memories!

One those honest midfielders there seemed to be so many of back then. Never outstanding but much better than a journeyman.

Will be sadly missed, and, and other have said, far too young. RIP.

Well, well, well, sad news indeed. He was a good player for Sunderland.

Wasnt he the player who left the club under a bit of a cloud? He was playing well for us and tried it on for a bumper contract...we didnt give him one, no one bought him and he ended up at Hartlepool?

RIP. Sad loss at such a young age. I remember like many on this thread, watching him play whilst stood in the Fulwell End.

managed my local the Simonside Arms for a while, did a cracking barbecue.... Very good neat n tidy midfielder for Sunderland and dont forget his part in this cracking little team;-
Winners of the Daily Express 5 a side Championship at Wembley Arena.

V Ipswich Town 2 v 0 - SAFC scorers - Kevin Arnott - 2
V West Bromwich Albion 2 v 0 - SAFC scorers - Kevin Arnott, Shaun Elliott
V Newcastle United 4 v 0 - semi final - Kevin Arnott 2 & Stan Cummins 2
V Brighton & hove Albion 2 v 0 - final - Kevin Arnott & Mick Buckley

The Sunderland team line-up remained the same throughout the competition - Chris Turner, Mick Buckley, Shaun Elliott, Kevin Arnott and Stan Cummins.

RIP Mick

managed my local the Simonside Arms for a while, did a cracking barbecue.... Very good neat n tidy midfielder for Sunderland and dont forget his part in this cracking little team;-
Winners of the Daily Express 5 a side Championship at Wembley Arena.

V Ipswich Town 2 v 0 - SAFC scorers - Kevin Arnott - 2
V West Bromwich Albion 2 v 0 - SAFC scorers - Kevin Arnott, Shaun Elliott
V Newcastle United 4 v 0 - semi final - Kevin Arnott 2 & Stan Cummins 2
V Brighton & hove Albion 2 v 0 - final - Kevin Arnott & Mick Buckley

The Sunderland team line-up remained the same throughout the competition - Chris Turner, Mick Buckley, Shaun Elliott, Kevin Arnott and Stan Cummins.

RIP Mick
Remember that tournament. It used to be on sportsnight every year. Tidy team we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back