Michael J Fox (NDOYT)

I read that earlier, he is a remarkable fella. It was bad enough seeing my Dad struggle with it for about 10 years, it must have been horrendous for him to have to deal with it when he was so young.

29 years old when he was diagnosed. You're considered to be on the young side if you're diagnosed with Parkinson's in your 50s.
Yeah, mostly considered an old man's disease. I was shocked when I read 29. I thought he had been late 30s, which is still young. The article also reminded me of the tv programme Family Ties which I had forgotten about completely.

Must have been doing a lot of his work when he was already diagnosed then

I always thought that kind of head shake he had was just genius but might have been the disease now I think

Must have been doing a lot of his work when he was already diagnosed then

I always thought that kind of head shake he had was just genius but might have been the disease now I think

I remember reading that he kept it secret for ages. When he was doing Spin City, he would always make sure he was moving about, making it look like acting but he knew if he stood still too long people would notice his condition.

There's a great episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm with him in. Larry David accusing him of faking it to get away with being a prick

I used to live in a group of flats alongside a bloke with Parkinsons. When he started to develop it , his wife dumped him. His son visited him but she never did.

Completely faking it according to that despicable shit Rush Limbaugh.

I remember Anthony Jesselnik in the roast of Charlie Sheen saying to him “the only reason you even have a career is cos God hates Michael J Fox!”😀 (Oof ya fucka!)

Its a terrible disease I cant believe he has had it this long. One of the worst parts is it robs you of facial expression so people look like miserable buggers. I have a couple of patients with it and if you didnt speak to them you woud think they were miserable as fuck but they have a fantastic sense of humour.

One of my mates from med school had had MND for a few years and that is an absolute bastard of a disease. In all my years working I havent seen one worse than that

Fascinating read, he has such a positive way of looking at things that I wish I shared at times. The Back to the Future trilogy will always be a favourite of mine, I used to love Teen Wolf as a kid too. Will definitely check out his book.

As others have said, he was excellent in Curb.

His foundation does a lot of good work in Parkinson’s research as well, when I worked in University Research Finance they made a lot of grants to our Life Sciences researchers.

Back