Micah Richards

Retired at 31, millionaire who never came close to realising his full potential. Sums up the problems with the game
Was effectively retired by 28 as he played twice in his last 3 seasons at Villa

Approx 175 odd games in 10 years at Man City , around 25 for Villa in 5 years, hard to disagree with you , stole a living from the game. Seems a reasonable enough bloke though

Approx 175 odd games in 10 years at Man City , around 25 for Villa in 5 years, hard to disagree with you , stole a living from the game. Seems a reasonable enough bloke though
He was a very good player too. I know he fell into a bit of a rut at Villa when him and Lescott were apparently stealing a living but what a waste of career

He's better on the radio. Not comfortable in front of the camera yet.

It's funny how quick people are to abuse pundits. People think it's just talking football, but it's not easy with a camera in your face. He's only been doing it a short while. Give him time.

He's canny.

I just hope they don't ever get him to play up to his personality like they did with Wright in the early days. Let him be himself and let him show more depth.

In all honesty I wish the whole lot of ‘experts’/pundits would just fuck off. Show the game with one commentator (preferably not an hysterical one!) If you need an anchor man to introduce so be it but leave it at that

He's canny.

I just hope they don't ever get him to play up to his personality like they did with Wright in the early days. Let him be himself and let him show more depth.
Played against Ian Wright as a schoolboy on three occasions. Twice he got sent off & the only time he didn't get sent off he got into a fight with our goal keeper after the final whistle.

Didn't injuries fuck his career up?
Edit yeah found this

Last edited:
He’s a right little twat, giggling like a little gonk. if he acted like that down the pub he’d be getting dropped, very quickly.

Played against Ian Wright as a schoolboy on three occasions. Twice he got sent off & the only time he didn't get sent off he got into a fight with our goal keeper after the final whistle.
Funny, I've heard wildly different stories about what he's like. Some reaffirm his persona, others do not.

I like him give me pundits who express their opinion like Souness Keane and Richards over boring shite like Shearer Redknapp and Jena's.

There opinion might not be right all the time but at least there not just playing it safe

Richards has potential and will improve a lot and they will persist with him maybe rightly so, he seems a good lad just needs guidance on his new role.
Compare him to Ince the Governor's first few attempts, nowhere to be seen now thank god, I thought he would implode when Gabi asked him a question,even on his occasional radio foray the man could not string two words together .

Back