Mexico - Caribbean Coast or Pacific Coast

Booked up for the Sensimar Seaside Suites & Spa this summer and will be first time to Mexico. Gets more than decent reviews so looking forward to it

When you going because we were specifically advised to avoid spring break time as if you're with a family its probably not what you want

Going in April, which is just after Spring Break if i'm correct.

Pacific.

Can you leave these AI resorts on ya todd, or not advised due to the gangs and violence?
I have a friend who lives in Punta De Mita, on the Pacific side. He's a surfer who buggered off over there years ago. I visit him sometimes and there's no sense of danger whatsoever. He's a bit pised off with all the all inclusive stuff popping up though.

Last edited:
Can you leave these AI resorts on ya todd, or not advised due to the gangs and violence?
Playa del Carmen is fine on the strip. Apparently a week before we were there someone was executed in broad daylight like - cartel killing. We wondered why on the Saturday night there were jeeps full of armed militia keeping an eye on things like. :lol:

OK, my only and last venture into Mexico involved, wrong place, guns, drugs, possible kidnapping and a hasty taxi to the airport.
I've only done a safe hotel holiday in Mexico (tourist not travelling), including going out and about in taxis/buses.

My son is just about to set off travelling through mexico backpack style so I hope there isn't too much of what you mentioned!

I've only done a safe hotel holiday in Mexico (tourist not travelling), including going out and about in taxis/buses.

My son is just about to set off travelling through mexico backpack style so I hope there isn't too much of what you mentioned!
Mine was 96, I'm sure there is nothing like that now ;)

Looking to book up for one of them all-inclusive efforts to Mexico (hence accusations of scratterness) and wondering if theres any difference between the two?

Assumed Caribbean Coast was the only way Playa Del Carmen, Playacar etc.....

But there's some better deals at Vallarta, but if the weather/beach/area is shit then rather fork out a smidge more.

Its a family holiday BTW, not really going to be pubbing and clubbing, so what an area's like for that don't really matter.

If you like watersport or simply swimming in the sea

Caribbean coast = warm water
Pacific coast = cold water

Back