Metronidazole 200mg

Duggins81

Full Back
Been on these for 5 days 3 times a day after having a tooth extraction last Friday. Had the last one at about 4pm yesterday.

It says avoid alcohol on the packet which i have done all 5 day like but was hoping to have us a few beers t'neet as weve got a birthday after work.

Reading on google a lot say leave it 48 -72 hours and if you dont even the slightest bit of alcohol leads to horror stories

Anyone got any experience of drinking on or shortly after these?

Follow the instructions to the letter with those ones or you'll be violently sick. They really mean it when they say don't mix with alcohol.

Been on these for 5 days 3 times a day after having a tooth extraction last Friday. Had the last one at about 4pm yesterday.

It says avoid alcohol on the packet which i have done all 5 day like but was hoping to have us a few beers t'neet as weve got a birthday after work.

Reading on google a lot say leave it 48 -72 hours and if you dont even the slightest bit of alcohol leads to horror stories

Anyone got any experience of drinking on or shortly after these?
Have a drink but expect to be a cheap night out. You will feel pi55ed after a couple of drinks. They say 48-72 hours as this is the amount of time for it to be completely excreted from the body.

Just have a few pints of driving lager like Fosters or Carling. Then you can take the car and get yersell home if you're feeling a bit iffy.

yeah right, "tooth extraction"

"Metronidazole, marketed under the brand name Flagyl among others, is an antibiotic and antiprotozoal medication. It is used either alone or with other antibiotics to treat bacterial vaginosis"

Metronidazole is an antibiotic. It's used to treat skin infections, rosacea and mouth infections (including infected gums and dental abscesses). It's used in the treatment of conditions such as bacterial vaginosis and pelvic inflammatory disease. :lol:

I hoyed my ring up because of some white wine sauce when I was on it for an infection caused by an emerging wisdom tooth.

That was in the midst of the course though. No idea about the days after.

Metronidazole is an antibiotic. It's used to treat skin infections, rosacea and mouth infections (including infected gums and dental abscesses). It's used in the treatment of conditions such as bacterial vaginosis and pelvic inflammatory disease. :lol:
He's been eating blue waffles for breakfast

oops did I leave out a few words.......

In fairness most antibiotics are safe with alcohol. Looks like this one isn’t. But I’m not a doctor or have any sort of medical training so I know nowt.

In fairness most antibiotics are safe with alcohol. Looks like this one isn’t. But I’m not a doctor or have any sort of medical training so I know nowt.

Yep. With this one and one other, there are detremental side effects with alcohol. In some other cases, the alcohol may interact with the anti-biotic and make it less effective. There's an NHS page on the subiect here:

Can I drink alcohol while taking antibiotics?

Diet coke it is then by sounds of it.

Not doing owt on Friday night so ill wait til then and have a few at home. Must be the longest ive gone without alcohol since i was about 20!
I know you are all dying to find out.........Drank a nice bottle of red last night just over 48 hours after consuming my last tablet. Im still canny. Seems that is the correct period to leave it with these.

Last edited:

Back