Metro 2019

No not there, right next to station.
Staff are told getting in to work is their responsibility.
Just got in after picking wife up and her mate. She has a monthly season pass but I've down a few 30 mile round trips in the car because of the metro

No not there, right next to station.
Staff are told getting in to work is their responsibility.
Just got in after picking wife up and her mate. She has a monthly season pass but I've down a few 30 mile round trips in the car because of the metro

I'd normally agree with this. In my last job having had problems with heavy traffic around my new wrokplace, one of the lads took me aside and said best to aim to get in for 8 am for an 8.30 am start. I'd been bollocked for being in late two days in a row a few months after starting. Heavy traffic was not an argument as everyone else had to deal with it. My problems were finally allieviated by a new direct bus service literally from my front door to my works entrance (no parking up, no traffic jams, bus using bus lanes), meaning I was car-free and gained half to three quarters of an hour a day.

However, I used the Metro for another job and that firm was more understanding. I was told as long as I made up my time if late then nothing would be said or held against me. With their site right next to the Metro station, they knew from other there were occasional problems with the Metro.

It has got worse with time as well, worst around peak times, and won't improve until the new rolling stock is purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd normally agree with this. In my last job having had problems with heavy traffic around my new wrokplace, one of the lads took me aside and said best to aim to get in for 8 am for an 8.30 am start. I'd been bollocked for being in late two days in a row a few months after starting. Heavy traffic was not an argument as everyone else had to deal with it. My problems were finally allieviated by a new direct bus service literally from my front door to my works entrance (no parking up, no traffic jams, bus using bus lanes), meaning I was car-free and gained half to three quarters of an hour a day.

However, I used the Metro for another job and that firm was more understanding. I was told as long as I made up my time if late then nothing would be said or held against me. With their site right next to the Metro station, they knew from other there were occasional problems with the Metro.

It has got worse with time as well, worst around peak times, and won't improve until the new rolling stock is purchased.
Some employers have policies which include the lateness of public transport and how time should be made up. However the car driver sat in the same traffic as a bus do not have that luxury

My wife starts work at 6:45am alternate weeks that means getting the first Metro from East Boldon, it's just too much of a risk that it's missing. She uses twitter for real time updates, the amount of break downs is amazing.
Her Metro home yesterday broke down in Gateshead Stadium station I was out so she was 1.5 hours late home.
New rolling stock will help but the track infrastructure will still be shit.

My wife starts work at 6:45am alternate weeks that means getting the first Metro from East Boldon, it's just too much of a risk that it's missing. She uses twitter for real time updates, the amount of break downs is amazing.
Her Metro home yesterday broke down in Gateshead Stadium station I was out so she was 1.5 hours late home.
New rolling stock will help but the track infrastructure will still be shit.[/QUOTE]

This is my main concern. I’m not fan of the new trains layout, but at least they cant be blamed for the service still being rubbish. I’d guess at roughly 50% of the delays and faults being to do with the power supply/points/leaves on the line etc, none of which will be resolved by new trains.

It will get worse until new trains arrive, they're not going to spend money on the old stock in the interim
And the crappy track? The Ticket checking devices? The useless escalators? The dreadful signage and incomplete signage and absence of signage?

No wonder DB pissed off. They run their systems in Germany fine. Must be the Brain dead geordies causing the issues. Just like their awful airport.

And the crappy track? The Ticket checking devices? The useless escalators? The dreadful signage and incomplete signage and absence of signage?

No wonder DB pissed off. They run their systems in Germany fine. Must be the Brain dead geordies causing the issues. Just like their awful airport.
DB didn't piss off, they were fucked off for not meeting performance targets iirc.

DB didn't piss off, they were fucked off for not meeting performance targets iirc.
And so the propaganda continues. They failed their objectives because they were confronted with low quality resources. Are you really trying to defend the people, alleged management and absolute lack of quality they were supposed to work with?

Sort out your facts.
Are you a Geordie?

And so the propaganda continues. They failed their objectives because they were confronted with low quality resources. Are you really trying to defend the people, alleged management and absolute lack of quality they were supposed to work with?

Sort out your facts.
Are you a Geordie?
No i worked for DB i know what they are like. Just making a comment no propaganda. I'm not a geordie. Are you a c unt? As you seem like one.

No i worked for DB i know what they are like. Just making a comment no propaganda. I'm not a geordie. Are you a c unt? As you seem like one.

The facts are that both parties walked away from the contract.

The facts are also that DB won rail operator of the year a few year before for their work on Metro. They didn’t become bad operators overnight.

When Nexus stopped investing in the things they should have been it became impossible to run a service to the standards agreed - hence the contract break.

This is backed up by the fact the system has progressively got worse since the amateurs at Nexus took over.

The facts are that both parties walked away from the contract.

The facts are also that DB won rail operator of the year a few year before for their work on Metro. They didn’t become bad operators overnight.

When Nexus stopped investing in the things they should have been it became impossible to run a service to the standards agreed - hence the contract break.

This is backed up by the fact the system has progressively got worse since the amateurs at Nexus took over.
Fair play but they didn't piss off did they? Thats all i was saying. Not sticking up for anyone. I worked for DB i have no reason to stick up for them in anyway shape or form. Only thing i care about the metro is i lost my free travel on it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair play but they didn't piss off did they? Thats all i was saying. Not sticking up for anyone. I worked for DB i have no reason to stick up for them in anyway shape or form.

The contract either wasn’t renewed or there was a break point. I couldn’t care really.

But I have massive problems with the way T&W Metro is run. Needs a massive management clear out and proper private investment.

The fact an unaccountable body is spunking hundreds of tax payers cash every year at a system they have no idea how to run is incredible.

The contract either wasn’t renewed or there was a break point. I couldn’t care really.

But I have massive problems with the way T&W Metro is run. Needs a massive management clear out and proper private investment.

The fact an unaccountable body is spunking hundreds of tax payers cash every year at a system they have no idea how to run is incredible.
I don't care much about it either and i agree with you about how it's run. Only made a comment on what i had heard and some bellend is calling me a geordie ffs :lol:

Sort out your facts.
Are you a Geordie?

One of the top lads is definitely not one of them either

Back