Metal Gear Solid 5

having had a day to digest the ending, im even more pissed off. The gameplay to this game is exceptional, best ive played in ages. But the storyline is appalling. Its essentially just a collection of disjointed cutscenes placed between random missions. All this needed to be was a simple story to show how Big Boss became evil.. Instead we grt yet another snake, more loose ends then resolutions and nothing of the real Big Boss at all.. Kojima is just a conman and seemingly cant write a storyline to save his life anymore.

Should I be selling any of the materials I'm collecting? I don't really need the cash at the mo, I just wanted to know if any of them can only be sold, eg the unprocessed ones.

Enjoying this like. Theres fights breaking out all the time on the oilrig though!? I know you have to keep going back every now and again but there really is fuck all to do there so I don't go back much and if I do I'm away straight away. What's the crack with that?

Just got Quiet so hopefully will upgrade her a bit, though I heard she fucks off if you get too friendly with her? (tho you then get to see her story?). Heard if you put the butterfly as your emblem she wont get 100% friendly and you can use her all game, tho think I'll do the story for her even though she is f***ing rock.

p.s. Anyone running about in those little metal gear things needs f***ing shooting. Gay...as...fuck!

Haven't had a shower since I started, covered in claret and shit. Doesn't someone take you in for a shower (Quiet?) if you leave it too long?

Enjoying this like. Theres fights breaking out all the time on the oilrig though!? I know you have to keep going back every now and again but there really is fuck all to do there so I don't go back much and if I do I'm away straight away. What's the crack with that?

Just got Quiet so hopefully will upgrade her a bit, though I heard she fucks off if you get too friendly with her? (tho you then get to see her story?). Heard if you put the butterfly as your emblem she wont get 100% friendly and you can use her all game, tho think I'll do the story for her even though she is f***ing rock.

p.s. Anyone running about in those little metal gear things needs f***ing shooting. Gay...as...fuck!

Haven't had a shower since I started, covered in claret and shit. Doesn't someone take you in for a shower (Quiet?) if you leave it too long?
Enemies can smell you if you don't shower. I just shower every time I visit mother base. Which is usually after every mission to see what the crack is

Should I be selling any of the materials I'm collecting? I don't really need the cash at the mo, I just wanted to know if any of them can only be sold, eg the unprocessed ones.
Fulton the weapons, like the machine guns and the motars, they fetch some canny money when you sell them.

Traded it in for Forza 6 , liked it at first then just got completely bored after a few hours, guess I just don't get it.
Forza's f***ing brilliant mind, so it's all good :)

Traded it in for Forza 6 , liked it at first then just got completely bored after a few hours, guess I just don't get it.
Forza's f***ing brilliant mind, so it's all good :)
It gets a bit samey. Majority of missions follow the same pattern and cos they've added the non-plot missions the story kinda gets a bit diluted.

What's really frustrating is when you end up doing different missions at the same place. The most interesting part, since it's open world, is scouting the area and finding the best infiltration point. If you've already done a mission at the outpost it's a piece of piss.

having had a day to digest the ending, im even more pissed off. The gameplay to this game is exceptional, best ive played in ages. But the storyline is appalling. Its essentially just a collection of disjointed cutscenes placed between random missions. All this needed to be was a simple story to show how Big Boss became evil.. Instead we grt yet another snake, more loose ends then resolutions and nothing of the real Big Boss at all.. Kojima is just a conman and seemingly cant write a storyline to save his life anymore.
I guessed during the hospital that I wasn't big boss so I googled to check. Still enjoying the game and not too worried about the shitty ending as I ruined it about an hour in! :lol:

Last edited:
Is there no way of getting your helicopter to pick you up and take you somewhere, or do you have to go to the 'ACC' first?

Bored of trekking all over on my horse and its disappearing legs.

Sooo, onto act 2 and whilst there are the odd mission here and there thats new 90% of it just seems to be going through old missions on hard difficulty. Is that it? Done a few and got bored.

Anyone who is wanting to get more hours out of this, or go for as many trophies as possible I recommend backing up your save before mission 45.

Last edited:

Back