Metal crowns and fillings mri scan

Ladsfan78

Goalkeeper
Just looking for a bit of advice and didn't know where to put this post
I'm due to for for an mri scan tomorrow and I had a crown fitted a few years ago not sure if it's metal or other material. I've also had fillings years ago aswell. Anyone know if this will stop the mri scan from going ahead if the crown and filling is metal?

Just looking for a bit of advice and didn't know where to put this post
I'm due to for for an mri scan tomorrow and I had a crown fitted a few years ago not sure if it's metal or other material. I've also had fillings years ago aswell. Anyone know if this will stop the mri scan from going ahead if the crown and filling is metal?
I had an MRI scan on a torn shoulder a couple of years ago.
No mention of crowns or fillings but as i work in the steel fabrication industry i had to have an x-ray to make sure that i didn't have any particles in my eyes that could be dislodged while getting the MRI. Sounds worse than what it is.

I had an MRI scan on a torn shoulder a couple of years ago.
No mention of crowns or fillings but as i work in the steel fabrication industry i had to have an x-ray to make sure that i didn't have any particles in my eyes that could be dislodged while getting the MRI. Sounds worse than what it is.
I managed to phone the department and they said fillings and crowns are fine but they mentioned if I have tattoos the radiologist will talk to me about it when I arrive. Apparently some tattoo inks contain metal.

I managed to phone the department and they said fillings and crowns are fine but they mentioned if I have tattoos the radiologist will talk to me about it when I arrive. Apparently some tattoo inks contain metal.
Got loads of visible tattoos and it was never mentioned. All would have have been in the area scanned.
The hardest part for me was keeping still as my shoulder was killing me. It would cramp and ache.

Back