Message boards selling email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Delscottio1

Can anyone confirm thats it's illegal to sell e mail addresses if it's not in the Message boards terms and conditions?

Anyone ever been "victim" to this?

I think I may have been like. I'm pretty sure it's illegal too.

Any idea what action I should take?

I think I may have been like. I'm pretty sure it's illegal too.

Any idea what action I should take?

Not sure mate, it doesn't really bother me as such but the fact someone is making cash does.

I suppose it's a breach of data protection etc

For anyone wishing to complain, please contact their host Soft Layer, on the address [email protected] I have spoken to them and they have confirmed it is against the data protection act, and they will be contacted and given 14 days to respond.

It is funny how people have their own domain email and have smb@ especially for this reason, are getting SAFC emails, even when they are Newcastle fans. Now being a criminal offence in the UK does not effect the USA held SMB, but the american "clean mail for all" agenda will.. Your going down.

I am of the understanding that the smb have illegally been passing on our emails. Indeed, I hear of numerous people getting emails from the club with the SMB being the only connection. Has the SMB dropped a bollock selling out our email addresses or is an apology and a few days off air going to put matters right?

No doubt silence and bannings will be a temporary solution for them southern fuckers feeding their self esteem on the good people of this board.

Almost certainly a breach of the Data Protection Act.

I would like to think you were right. However, time has passed since then, furthermore, are you at the top in charge to back up your remarks?

Oh, and for the record, RTG doesn't do this.

can top dog back this shit up?

Looks like this is a widespread thing.

It is just an e-mail but I do resent checking my messages only to find i'm getting offers for the Black Cat Bar. People might think i'm one of you lot.

I am of the understanding that the smb have illegally been passing on our emails. Indeed, I hear of numerous people getting emails from the club with the SMB being the only connection. Has the SMB dropped a bollock selling out our email addresses or is an apology and a few days off air going to put matters right?

No doubt silence and bannings will be a temporary solution for them southern fuckers feeding their self esteem on the good people of this board.

I would like to think you were right. However, time has passed since then, furthermore, are you at the top in charge to back up your remarks?

can top dog back this shit up?

It's been raised before and the post I highlighted came from this thread

It's been raised before and the post I highlighted came from this thread

there are several people convinced that the only link is via the smb. Too much of a coincidence?? Some are even Newcastle scum. Maybe, your rank is not high enough to be privvy to such info. Can you get owners to confirm from the top that never has any emails been forwarded from this site either free or for a fee?? Silence is not the answer here so I appreciate your speedy reply and the top dogs too.

Looks like this is a widespread thing.

It is just an e-mail but I do resent checking my messages only to find i'm getting offers for the Black Cat Bar. People might think i'm one of you lot.

I got that but it was sent to an email address the smb doesn't have.

there are several people convinced that the only link is via the smb. Too much of a coincidence?? Some are even Newcastle scum. Maybe, your rank is not high enough to be privvy to such info. Can you get owners to confirm from the top that never has any emails been forwarded from this site either free or for a fee?? Silence is not the answer here so I appreciate your speedy reply and the top dogs too.

There's no way I'd be privvy to such info, but the question has been asked before and you've seen the response.

I've raised the question again on the staff section of the site.

I got that but it was sent to an email address the smb doesn't have.

I assume you have had dealings with the club using that address before though, with you being a fan and everything ;)

This is the only place which I use that particular e-mail address because this place won't accept Hotmail, Gmail etc so it could've only came from here.

There's no way I'd be privvy to such info, but the question has been asked before and you've seen the response.

I've raised the question again on the staff section of the site.

nice one, cannot be fairer and more transparent than that. The smb needs fuckers like you rather than them that are simply egotistical maniacs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back