Merging threads...

Doberman

Striker
Is there any reason why mods now persistently merge semi related threads? There's several interesting topics that are now just flung into one large 250 page thread. As someone who works for a living, I don't have time to read a novel to find the topic I'm interested in. I've just clicked on Cirkin finishing and it's been merged with the thread opening on page one of a totally different thread. What use is that? It stops the natural flow of conversation because folk are discussing several threads on the same page and seriously ruins this board.

I understand if you have 4 threads with "Cirkin signs" but "Cirkin finishing" is not the same as "Cirkin signs".

Winds me up. Please, if at all possible, consider the topic before merging 10 threads into one novel.

Thanks 🙂

Is there any reason why mods now persistently merge semi related threads? There's several interesting topics that are now just flung into one large 250 page thread. As someone who works for a living, I don't have time to read a novel to find the topic I'm interested in. I've just clicked on Cirkin finishing and it's been merged with the thread opening on page one of a totally different thread. What use is that? It stops the natural flow of conversation because folk are discussing several threads on the same page and seriously ruins this board.

I understand if you have 4 threads with "Cirkin signs" but "Cirkin finishing" is not the same as "Cirkin signs".

Winds me up. Please, if at all possible, consider the topic before merging 10 threads into one novel.

Thanks 🙂
Aye, I'm not a fan. It's what other forums do and I think keeping separate threads is one of the things that sets this place apart. I think there's a new mod on PF which is probably what has brought about the change.

Thanks 🙂

I think you would be right if people stuck to the topic in the thread title - but they don't.

So the thread entitled Cirkin finishing ends up discussing the same topics as Cirkin signs etc , and we just end up with 4 parallel conversations on the front page all basically discussing the same.

If they are all merged into a single thread, any discussion of Cirkin will be in there and that will be the place to find it.

It is never a straightforward decision when to merge and when not to merge threads, and as @Howard the Duck points out, we probably do this a lot less than many forums, but when different people are discussing the same thing in multiple threads I think it is usually the correct decision to merge them.

What’s the sudden fascination of merging news worthy threads about our players into the large , general threads about them.

It means posters who aren’t on here 24/7 will miss vital news about our players. For example the Diallo loan recall thread was merged into his big general one.

What’s the point in a discussion forum if you can’t discuss a certain topic about a player.

Absolute shambles

Didn’t see the other thread because as I say I don’t spend all my life on here

I agree, I can’t be arsed to look at say a Ross Stewart post if it’s already got a million replies. Where does the relevant bit start? Why do I have to spend time wading back to see what the new news is. It’s by far the best supporters forum for me but I’m not liking this new merging malarkey.

Last edited:

Back