Mental Health - general discussion

I'm in the same boat. I had to tell her to fuck off out of the house earlier. The situation was going to explode. I'm not sure we'll survive the week let alone the rest of the lockdown.

Been horrendous. Hence the getting pissed. A lot
How the fuck does that work if you have kids to look after as well.

Get special leave at our place for that reason, but rather than take full whack been getting the odd hour here and there where needed. It'd be impossible otherwise.
Seriously considering asking for unpaid leave at work. Lockdown is bad enough but the thought of doing an absolutely pointless mundane job all day every day st home is killing me like.

If you can afford it do it marra. It'll do you in.

Last edited:

So I had a bit of a mental health wobble this morning when I woke up but I seem to be over it for the time being. I've started learning german on duolingo and watched all of tiger king. Those crazy bsstards make everything else seem sane

Really struggling today, sat at home trying to work but theres nothing really happening. Expecting the last few projects to be cancelled and keeping motivated becomes a challenge.

Just feel like days are passing and nothing happens.

Sorry to hear that mate. Is she on social media? If so, make sure she comes off for a bit
Social media feeds and shapes the mind but if that feeding is of the negative, with people posting stuff on feeds of uneducated 'Google' experts, proclaiming stuff/shite as 'Facts', many will believe rather than research the truths. Plus after one little click, algorithms can start bombarding more similar negative content on peoples 'suggestions' and 'recommendations', etc, it can only but reinforce the negativity, popping up other suggested shite. The result can be a downward spiral of thinking, akin to being brainwashed.
It is now the 'Age of Information' and information is a powerful, controlling thing, either for good or bad. I wish more people would understand the way information is used on the internet for good or bad and wise up, to control and shape this information and not let it control them in a negative way.

Very up and down personally. Feel optimistic and positive for a bit and then feel absolutely gutted and worried about the future. Deleted Facebook and stopped reading as much news which seems to have helped a bit.

Holding it together despite there being absolutely nothing to be optimistic about just constant worry and stress. Both realistic worries and worries where my mind just wanders away to all sorts of strange worst case scenarios.

Fully expecting to crack once it gets closer to home (which is inevitable sadly)

Really struggling today, sat at home trying to work but theres nothing really happening. Expecting the last few projects to be cancelled and keeping motivated becomes a challenge.

Just feel like days are passing and nothing happens.

Up and down here too. I just feel like I'm stagnating at home and I miss all the things I used to enjoy doing.

Up and down here too. I just feel like I'm stagnating at home and I miss all the things I used to enjoy doing.

This may sound simplistic, but empty your head of what you used to like, it's gone for the foreseeable, and just get stuck into the here and now. Even f its just looking out of the window for a while and watching the world (or what is left of it currently) with a cuppa. Doing a household pain in the arse chore you have been putting off, or watching something on TV that you wouldn't normally. Your normal life will return, it's just on hold for a while and we have to make the most of the days we have by not thinking too much about the past.

This may sound simplistic, but empty your head of what you used to like, it's gone for the foreseeable, and just get stuck into the here and now. Even f its just looking out of the window for a while and watching the world (or what is left of it currently) with a cuppa. Doing a household pain in the arse chore you have been putting off, or watching something on TV that you wouldn't normally. Your normal life will return, it's just on hold for a while and we have to make the most of the days we have by not thinking too much about the past.
Live in the present.

The Mrs (no) and I are both total introverts, so being locked down isn't a big thing for either of us. Overall my mental health is better than it was three weeks ago when nobody here was taking this seriously.

Shame that we're trying to work full time while managing an infant 24/7. That's done a bit of nerve-fraying.

I am feeling rather positive about it all, the reason being that we have shown that during this time the human race can adapt and hopefully one day soon we will over come, and defeat this new enemy, however for me it also show's that if the world can come toghther to wage war on this virus that maybe we can, fix the bigger issue like climate change for example.

I've gone now like, battled for days but I'm in the dark place this morning. No idea what to do, tried going out a couple of days ago but felt like a criminal tbh. Will the doctor be able to sort my old sertraline script out without an appointmet or am I just going to have to battle the best I can ?

f***ing sick of it all, stupid disease and whoever casued the twat.

I've gone now like, battled for days but I'm in the dark place this morning. No idea what to do, tried going out a couple of days ago but felt like a criminal tbh. Will the doctor be able to sort my old sertraline script out without an appointmet or am I just going to have to battle the best I can ?

f***ing sick of it all, stupid disease and whoever casued the twat.

Give your surgery a ring. Ours are doing a triage system and a doctor will call you back. They might be able to sort that out with a phone consultation rather than going into the surgery. NIce weather over the weekend. Can you get out for a daily walk? Bit of sunshine will give you a lift. Keep hanging in there mate 😘

So I’m furloughed ... which is fine we can manage financially and as long as I have a job to go back too then all is good

but fuck me it’s going to be shite think the hardest part is that there is no definitive date when this will all end and not being able to see parents and friends is shite but hopefully and all things being well I’ll get to see them when all this is over

keep safe people and keep on fighting thegood fight

Back