Men's aftershave / EDTs

says 40% off for first subscribe and save on that link

does anyone know if you can order with the discount then immediately cancel the subscribe bit?

answered my own question. you can

ordered for £14.92 then cancelled the subscribe and save straight away. handy to know for future orders

Tried some Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza the other day, along with some of the other Colonia fragrances. The opening is nice but does anyone else find it dries down to an almost carbolic soap smell?

I fancy a new smell...but I don't want to fork out too much. I love Creed Aventus and Tom Ford (black) but I fancy a cheap alternative that I can splash on with blatant disregard! So asking what fragrences are out there for men around £30/£40 a bottle? Any hidden gems?

i always my Lactose Red, been out for years so cheap to buy (normally always has a deal on somewhere) so you can get a 125mil bottle for £25.
lasts a while and smells great

Even cheaper option is Next, they have a great selection and cheap as chips. Their No85 is only about a tenner a bottle and is one of my favourite.

Last edited:
i always my Lactose Red, been out for years so cheap to buy (normally always has a deal on somewhere) so you can get a 125mil bottle for £25.
lasts a while and smells great

Even cheaper option is Next, they have a great selection and cheap as chips. Their No85 is only about a tenner a bottle and is one of my favourite.
That's intolerable.

The clones may smell similar but in no way whatsoever can replicate the scent of a niche house in terms of all round performance.
anything in the £30/£40 market is crap and you will smell like the next dosser whos bought it.

If you want similarity but also a decent cheaper alternative for Aventus try Mancera Cedrat Boise. Own a few of theres and they are quality whiffys.
fantastic this...not cheap but quality...

I often wonder if people know where these perfume basis are derived from and strongly think that they may have second thoughts about "splashing it on" their bodies and faces if they only knew.
I have a friend who's hobby is a docent at a US based Whaling Museum and he deals with questions on Ambergris all the time and this comes from the Sperm Whale. Squid beaks, its main diet, result in a ball of poop and intestinal fluids aborted into the ocean via the animals rear end and floats ashore ending up as an expensive perfume base. Perhaps the more luxurious fixative comes from the small Hyrax whose sole purpose in life is to pee in one spot with the subsequent hardened mound being once again used in expensive splashing onto ones body. Then we have Musk, an excretion from the glands near its balls from a small deer.

Myself Bay Rhum, a concoction of Caribbean Bay leaves, lemon and bitter orange, steeped in rum, seems the safer way to go but each to their own I suppose.

I often wonder if people know where these perfume basis are derived from and strongly think that they may have second thoughts about "splashing it on" their bodies and faces if they only knew.
I have a friend who's hobby is a docent at a US based Whaling Museum and he deals with questions on Ambergris all the time and this comes from the Sperm Whale. Squid beaks, its main diet, result in a ball of poop and intestinal fluids aborted into the ocean via the animals rear end and floats ashore ending up as an expensive perfume base. Perhaps the more luxurious fixative comes from the small Hyrax whose sole purpose in life is to pee in one spot with the subsequent hardened mound being once again used in expensive splashing onto ones body. Then we have Musk, an excretion from the glands near its balls from a small deer.

Myself Bay Rhum, a concoction of Caribbean Bay leaves, lemon and bitter orange, steeped in rum, seems the safer way to go but each to their own I suppose.
Not arsed mate as long as it smells nice.

Back