Men Who Wear Rings On Their Fingers...

Yes, so did my Dad and Grandad.
Can’t imagine me Granda with a wedding ring on like ?
I wonder how many of the other wedding ring apologists on this thread,Granda wore a friggin wedding ring .!,

:eek:

I’m in Ellie’s Amelia ballerina bed now! Banished from my marital bed and the spare bedroom is for guests allegedly!

:lol:
I imagine you to be like Dougal off Father Ted.

No idea. The next time I meet one I shall ask.
I thought you were gay ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fellas wearing engagement rings are a no no mind
I’ve come across 2 lads over the years who wear wedding rings even though they are/were just courting .:lol:
Both similar types of characters;mammys boys who eventually got a lass in their 30’s/40’s

A sweeping generalisation but both fit that profile in this instance

My father in law passed away a week before Christmas.

My parents split up when i was three, and i've only seen my father twice in the last 49 years.

I met my missus when i was 18, we've been together 31 years but have never married, so no wedding ring.

I got on very well with her dad, i think he saw a bit of me in him, we'd go to football together, and liked a pint together. He was a father figure i never had.

A week before he died, he told me he wanted me to have his wedding ring. For the last 4 weeks its been in a box in a drawer beside the bed.

Yesterday, was his funeral, and i put the ring on. It fit perfectly and just felt right, and i will continue to wear it.

Ive been on this board a long time and never really get involved in sentimental threads, i usually post the usual shite. But it was someone who meant a lot to me and something i wanted to share with a group of knackers i know very little about. I blubbin like a fuckin bairn now.
Shit man, you managed to make a post that is both heart breaking and heart warming in equal parts.

And made the point that judgemental idiots having a go at someone for committing the serious crime of having a wedding ring should be treated with the contempt that they deserve!

Can’t imagine me Granda with a wedding ring on like ?
I wonder how many of the other wedding ring apologists on this thread,Granda wore a friggin wedding ring .!,

I imagine you to be like Dougal off Father Ted.

I thought you were gay ?

Only on Thursdays and Saturdays.

What an ususal thread, staring at mens rings.

There are worse hobbies to have.

Last edited:
I wear 3...

2 wedding rings even though i've only been married once and still am. also wear a ring my grandmother gave my grandfather for his 21st birthday. the only family heirloom i have.

I’d go back to one of my other posts, I wouldn’t notice who or who doesn’t wear them, today, tomorrow, or any other day.

I know the old man wears one, married in the 70’s, but I only know that because he used to take it off for work and was always on his bedside cabinet in amongst his pile of coins.

Think that says more about your circle of friends than anything else to be fair.
Really can't see how you get anything about my friends from that post but hey ho, each to their own matey.

absolute melts mark lad
Tuna Melts mate.

Last edited:

My parents split up when i was three, and i've only seen my father twice in the last 49 years.

I met my missus when i was 18, we've been together 31 years but have never married, so no wedding ring.

I got on very well with her dad, i think he saw a bit of me in him, we'd go to football together, and liked a pint together. He was a father figure i never had.

A week before he died, he told me he wanted me to have his wedding ring. For the last 4 weeks its been in a box in a drawer beside the bed.

Yesterday, was his funeral, and i put the ring on. It fit perfectly and just felt right, and i will continue to wear it.

Ive been on this board a long time and never really get involved in sentimental threads, i usually post the usual shite. But it was someone who meant a lot to me and something i wanted to share with a group of knackers i know very little about. I blubbin like a fuckin bairn now.
Good lad. Love that.

Glen, that is f***ing class!

Back