Men Who Wear Rings On Their Fingers...

I couldn't give a shit if men wear rings or not. When I peg it my bling bling will go to the bairn and he reckons he'll wear it :lol: (some bits could just about pass as unisex, some not so much ! :lol:).

Nowt worse than a newly wed bloke showing you his wedding ring. Taking it off and showing what it says in the inside and what type of rare metal it is and the carry on at the jewellers getting it sized and that.
I would rather sit in no mans land smoking a cigarette through an illumanous balaclava!!!!

absolute melts mark lad

My father in law passed away a week before Christmas.

My parents split up when i was three, and i've only seen my father twice in the last 49 years.

I met my missus when i was 18, we've been together 31 years but have never married, so no wedding ring.

I got on very well with her dad, i think he saw a bit of me in him, we'd go to football together, and liked a pint together. He was a father figure i never had.

A week before he died, he told me he wanted me to have his wedding ring. For the last 4 weeks its been in a box in a drawer beside the bed.

Yesterday, was his funeral, and i put the ring on. It fit perfectly and just felt right, and i will continue to wear it.

Ive been on this board a long time and never really get involved in sentimental threads, i usually post the usual shite. But it was someone who meant a lot to me and something i wanted to share with a group of knackers i know very little about. I blubbin like a fuckin bairn now.

Back