Men forced to keep their belongings in the shed

Now to be fair I've got three wardrobes and he's got half of one and a couple of shelves which is perfectly adequate for his needs considering he views clothing as something just to prevent you being naked.

Downstairs is all his man-crap mind you - cupboard full of shite he doesn't need and won't chuck out as well. It's mostly my stuff, and kids' toys that are on "holiday" to see if the buggers notice they've gone before they're charity shopped in the shed.

I have no shed. I can relate though. I have 6 drawers out of the 20 or so available in our flat, and hang only my work shirts, the others I just iron before I want to wear them.

I probably have more crap spread around the house but it's all 'put away'.

'Putting stuff away' seems to consist of shoving it in a random drawer and having no recollection of where it's gone.

... Because their wives or girlfriends take up over two thirds of the space indoors a study has found.

The average male is allowed just three drawers and one third of a wardrobe for his clothes. One in ten have a single shelf to call their own. And 18 per cent use the shed for their storage.

:(

Not think most enjoy it? Gives them somewhere to hide from the mrs?

In various relationships and marriages I have found that I often had to store numerous aspects of my ‘self’ in a (virtual) box.

The box is often in a ‘virtual’ shed.

I have come to the conclusion that the female of the species, when uncomfortable with a psychological/personality preference that differs significantly from their own, attempt to ‘box’ them - as an alternative to attempting to alter them completely. Which they generally try first anyway. Both approaches have the same impact in the recipient of such behaviour.

Plus: Not one single woman I’ve ever known has been comfortable with me having a bookshelf or bookcase with actual books on it. Thank fuck for Kindle and my ebook library/sorting system. My life is now ‘virtual’. Which is why I come on here.

I realise I’m rambling.

They don’t like that either

Last edited by a moderator:
... Because their wives or girlfriends take up over two thirds of the space indoors a study has found.

The average male is allowed just three drawers and one third of a wardrobe for his clothes. One in ten have a single shelf to call their own. And 18 per cent use the shed for their storage.

:(
A decent shed defines a real man.

Since little miss ouro moved out me and the Mrs. have a wall of wardrobes each, one in each main bedroom plus I have the garage and a 21' x 8' workshop/shed while she has everything else.
However, we are in the process of moving so new boundaries will need to be set. I shall mark my territory.

Back