Men’s fragrances - cologne/aftershave

I've got tobacco oud by Tom Ford for special occasions, it's an absolute beast but only really good in cool weather, its really heavy. Wouldnt recommend blind buying any Tom Ford private blends apart from tuscan leather and tobacco vanille which are popular. As someone mentioned though you always smell them on people. Ombre leather is a good one as well, it's not one of the private blends like so not premium premium, good for work in the winter

My go to summer one is prada l'homme l'eau which is ridiculously nice and not that expensive. It smells a bit like womens perfume if you test it on paper and it's first impression is that it's quite plain and citrussy but it's really high quality iris, all natural ingredients and lasts all day which is odd for such a light smelling fragrance. When it settles on your skin its absolutely lush and smells nothing like it's opening and much more deep and smooth compared to the original l'homme, I always get told I smell good when I wear that. It gets better in the heat as well, smells like expensive soap

Don't bother with Creed aventus, boring as owt and everyone wears "really good" fakes that "smell just like it". If you wear it out you will get lots of men (not women) commenting on how lush you smell and they will have a story about their mate who gets it for 25 quid a bottle and you can't tell the difference (you can)
Almost poetic that
Tabac in little nasty white bottles.

Smelt foul
My dad still loves a bottle for Christmas :lol:

Any recommendations for a premium purchase?

I have always bought in the relatively standard priced market however I’m interested in getting an expensive option for special occasions.

Looking at the likes of Creed, Tom Ford, etc. What are people’s recommendations? I particularly like Creed Green Irish Tweed.

Only one option imho, YSL Opium the knars

Last edited:
Channel Egoiste and Polo original for this nearly sixty year old man about town!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Any recommendations for a premium purchase?

I have always bought in the relatively standard priced market however I’m interested in getting an expensive option for special occasions.

Looking at the likes of Creed, Tom Ford, etc. What are people’s recommendations? I particularly like Creed Green Irish Tweed.
Aye! Don't use the words 'Fragrances' when you are talking to gadgies on the internet, it sounds a bit puffy. Just use the proper bloke term 'Aftershave' and be butch.

Last edited:
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. (EDP)

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino Forte (EDP)

Acqua di Parma Colonia (EDC)

Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza (EDC)

for the young at heart, mature man about town. 😊

Back