Memories of Marton Fulop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen something on Facebook for a minutes applause on the from the 32nd minute, to be done at the Stoke Game.

As long as it is a one off and not every game, then I think that is a fitting tribute.
Not for me like, I like the fact we do a minutes silence at our last home game of the year.

Nee disrespect to Marton Fulop intended before I get grief.

This. Lost my 28 year old niece to cancer in September and feel the same way. Tragic news. RIP Marton xx
Awful :cry:

What?

I think a nice tribute would be a video montage on the scoreboard. Then we can show our respects to him and all other fans and ex-players who've sadly passed away on our last home game of the year with the annual minutes silence.

Last edited:
Not for me like, I like the fact we do a minutes silence at our last home game of the year.

Nee disrespect to Marton Fulop intended before I get grief.
Luckily it's not down to you then.

Do you not think it's an exceptional circumstance?

The villa fans had a minutes applause every game for about 2 seasons when petrov was ill

Luckily it's not down to you then.

Do you not think it's an exceptional circumstance?

The villa fans had a minutes applause every game for about 2 seasons when petrov was ill
Its very sad and my sympathy goes out to his family and friends. I just think we should stick with what we do in this instance. I understand people wanting to pay their respects but I wouldn't favour the clapping at a certain minute. If it happens of course I'd do it.

and they got very precious about it iirc "no respect my lord" Helmets

Actually felt sick inside when I heard on the radio the other day,

Rip marton

So sad :(

Am away had no internet connection until now, just heard this. Jesus Christ this is terrible, 32 years old he's only a boy, so so sad RIP Marton Flop

The minutes silence on last home game of the year is special for so many reasons and safc can take great credit for this

A minutes applause during game for the next home game would be a fitting tribute for Martin

It's probably been mentioned already but there is a wonderful quote from Marton about the cup final...

"I loved my time on Wearside.

“I’m just very pleased for the Sunderland fans.They were always great to me but they are great supporters generally.

“And I always thought the most remarkable thing about them was Sunderland’s away support, how they always sold out away grounds wherever we went.”

“That’s one of the the reasons why I’m so glad to be going to Wembley this weekend - it will be great to see Sunderland fans packing out the ground and I hope they have an amazing, amazing day.”

Not only was he an ex player... He had a genuine love for the club and the fans.

Marton Fulop... One of us... RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back