Melbourne

Thats a shame. After the credit they got for keeping the numbers low.

Seems to be the way countries are handling it now, lock down the hot spots, and everyone else carry on.

The state borders are closed and within Melbourne there's a Wuhan style lockdown of a massive council housings complex. Nobody allowed in or out of their apartments. Food and supplies being delivered. They're not allowed to come out and say it but allegedly it's fuelled by non English speaking multi generational families who are oblivious to or ignoring the dangers of cultura kissing and hugging each other during a pandemic.
Victorian's will be gutted. The rest of the states are opening up for tourism and the travel bubble to NZ.

Metropolitan Melbourne back in lockdown.
Pointless exercise imho.
Our incompetence may be the best strategy in the long run.

My bosses kids both live in Australia (one in Brisbane and the other Sydney i think) even after the lockdown ended they werent allowed to leave their state.

Yes. We have 6 weeks of stage 3 lockdown beginning tomorrow night at midnight.

Cafes & restaurants being back to takeaway only;
VIC/NSW border is closed;
School holidays extended by 1 week, possibility of restarting home schooling is very large;
Groups and clubs looking at closing for another 6 weeks;
Restrictions reimposed on households mixing socially;

9 tower blocks closed in neighbouring suburbs containing ‘some of the most vulnerable in society’;
Said tower blocks particularly overcrowded;
Known incidents of security guards and guests under quarantine having sex in hotels;
Super spreader events such as the #BLM protest a few weeks ago not thought to have any real impact;

Source: I live in Melbourne.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see it back in the UK

It was right to get back to normal but as nothing has changed with the virus minus a bit more vigilance I see no reason why it won’t rise rapidly again

My bosses kids both live in Australia (one in Brisbane and the other Sydney i think) even after the lockdown ended they werent allowed to leave their state.
We were allowed to leave the state in Sydney but Queensland locked itself down. Western and South Australia followed suit. We were free to go to Victoria but fuck that. It's Winter here, everyone wants to go North to Queensland for warmer weather. They're opening up on the 10th for everyone except Victoria.

The state borders are closed and within Melbourne there's a Wuhan style lockdown of a massive council housings complex. Nobody allowed in or out of their apartments. Food and supplies being delivered. They're not allowed to come out and say it but allegedly it's fuelled by non English speaking multi generational families who are oblivious to or ignoring the dangers of cultura kissing and hugging each other during a pandemic.
Victorian's will be gutted. The rest of the states are opening up for tourism and the travel bubble to NZ.

Yes they are, just too cowardly to tell the truth. Shambolic state of affairs.

It was right to get back to normal but as nothing has changed with the virus minus a bit more vigilance I see no reason why it won’t rise rapidly again
I'd have thought this is the kind of thing we're going to see across the world for the next year or so, minor spikes followed by localised lockdowns to contain it. It's an absolutely shite thought but I don't see any alternative.

This is my point about our incompetence being a winner in the long run. We have killed off a lot of the vulnerable so even if it gets a little out of hand we wont have the same amount of deaths. As they have already died.

Back