Melbourne terror attack

horrible ! a pre school kid in a srious condition
the pics clearly show the driver and passnger are of Asian decent, so pardon me for being ignorant.... but can someone please explain to me why a possible muslim terror attack would happen in Australia ? surely they haven't been persecuted there ?

the pics clearly show the driver and passnger are of Asian decent, so pardon me for being ignorant.... but can someone please explain to me why a possible muslim terror attack would happen in Australia ? surely they haven't been persecuted there ?
No more or less than the UK. It’s global “politics”, not to do with individuals

My use of the word poilitics is the wrong one of course, I should probably have used the word fuckwits instead

Have they been persecuted here like?

In fact, where have they been "persecuted" exactly?

No more or less than the UK. It’s global “politics”, not to do with individuals

My use of the word poilitics is the wrong one of course, I should probably have used the word fuckwits instead

I get why they say they attack us (in very loose terms of course) we have invaded lands, and civilians have been killed in the cross fire, but Australia...... they don' get involved in anything it seems

Have we been persecuting them in England? Or Europe?

I get why they say they attack us (in very loose terms of course) we have invaded lands, and civilians have been killed in the cross fire, but Australia...... they don' get involved in anything it seems

australian troops fought in both afghanistan and iraq and the raaf were in syria/iraq. the oz navy is still patrolling in the gulf. loads of asylum seekers have made their way to oz via indonesia.

thanks boys, I honestly didn' know they were in Iraq and Afghanistan
I thought it was still nigh on impossible to get into Oz from any nationality ?

That's their word mate, using it to justify their actions. I aint justifying why they do it, it's abhorrent what they do, I am just asking the question as to why Oz ? I genuiney don' get it
Well, I think it's already been stated Australia had a presence in Iraq and Afghanistan. That said, if this is ISIS inspired, I believe their instructions to their followers around the world was just to attack infidels wherever they can. There was no caveat to only attach people in countries that have been involved in the middle east.

Basically, if you are not a muslim, then to these people you are fair game.

Well, I think it's already been stated Australia had a presence in Iraq and Afghanistan. That said, if this is ISIS inspired, I believe their instructions to their followers around the world was just to attack infidels wherever they can. There was no caveat to only attach people in countries that have been involved in the middle east.

Basically, if you are not a muslim or the wrong denomination of muslim, then to these people you are fair game.
seems to be more like it

Mate, the prick who blew himself up at the MEN in May was born in Manchester. His parents emigrated here and were probably just as dismayed by Gulf War 2.0 as everyone else who say it as Bush's determination to finish what Daddy had started.

they haven't been persecuted here !!!!

thanks boys, I honestly didn' know they were in Iraq and Afghanistan
I thought it was still nigh on impossible to get into Oz from any nationality ?

like anywhere else if you get here by any means you can then claim asylum. many did, either by buying an air ticket and chucking their passports away before boarding/landing, or via overland to indonesia and then by boat across to christmas island or any other island that oz control in the indian ocean.

they've effectively stopped the boats coming over by turning them back and/or sending those who did get here to places like nauru while they applications were processed.

loads of muslim refugees came to oz during the civil war(s) in Lebanon, as well as through normal migration channels over the decades. there's a very big muslim population in australia, especially in sydney and melbourne.

Basically, if you are not a muslim, then to these people you are fair game.

jesus ! how do you fight a war like that ! :eek:

they haven't been persecuted here !!!!

I didn' say they had mate, read my later posts ;)

Back